Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Hey, You Rock! a.k.a Giving credit where it's due

Author Topic: Hey, You Rock! a.k.a Giving credit where it's due
Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2005 05:59 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to check the print number but I think it was 3028.
Must Love Dogs, an example of Film Done Right!
I have a feeling it was a fellow Film-Techer who had this print for a sneak.

It had the following tell-tale signs of film-techery:
1.) Head leaders contained 1 ID frame while tail leaders did not
2.) No splice tape was left on from previous splices and no residue was left on the reel ends either.
3.) A single sided splice secured the leaders to the reels
4.) All reels had a piece of tape on the outside flange with a "fill line" on it
5.) All splices overlapped just slightly suggesting a modified splicer per the tips section
6.) The print wasn't damaged in ANY way.
7.) The tail of the final reel was protected by a clipping of an old trailer
8.) The tail tag was written properly, i.e. all sound formats were identified correctly. Even SR-D!
9.) It was clean, even at the reel ends!

Thanks, whoever you are. Keep up the good work!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-29-2005 11:06 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Existing topic

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: