Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie Filmgate Adjustment II

Author Topic: Christie Filmgate Adjustment II
Nicholas Simmons
Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 01:51 AM      Profile for Nicholas Simmons   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Simmons       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying to adjust some Christie filmagete guide rollers using the alignment tool nad Brad Miller's instructions, and have had a problem on some of the filmgates. After setting the guide rollers to the correct height using the tool, and closing the shoe, the lower roller contacts the edge of the shoe. This is because when the gate is closed the spring for the catch pin pushes the lower part of the gate outward, and into the side of the lower roller. Compensating for this is ineffective since the upper roller guides the film too far inward for it to contact the lower roller also. I am uncertain of the allowable amount of play in the gate. There is some play but it is not excessive. Other units have no problem with this despite some play in the gate. Could perhaps the bushings need replacement? The projectors have been in use for about 5 years. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-Nicholas Simmons

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 08-01-2004 02:43 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really no point in creating another thread on the subject. Just need to point out the other problems that you were having with the christie film gate using the original thread. This helps prevent same topic threads from flying in different directions. I put a link to the original thread for easy access.

Christie Filmgate Adjustment

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: