Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » ORC rectifier Info

Author Topic: ORC rectifier Info
Bill Mantz
Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2003 01:17 AM      Profile for Bill Mantz   Email Bill Mantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dose anyone have a manual or wiring diagram for this rectifier.
The rectifier is an
ORC
Model# RPS-X1000
Input 120v, 20A, 60Hz
Output 20VDC, 18-42 Amps
Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-17-2003 02:17 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, do you have a picture of it so we can see basically what it looks like?

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-17-2003 03:45 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just on a whim, might it have the same circuit as the equivalent "integrated" power supply for the X-1000 lamp?:

http://www.film-tech.com/manuals/ORC1000.pdf

Bill Mantz
Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Bill Mantz   Email Bill Mantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have already checked the manuals online none match, I opened it up today and check everything alot of parts look new. Here are some pictures.
 -

-

[ 06-17-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Bill Mantz ]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-17-2003 10:53 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, some of that stuff looks very similar to the power supply the M-1000 uses. You might want to do some comparison between the M-1000 and what you have, and do some reverse engineering. It may give you enough info to go on. [Smile]

John Anastasio
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2003 04:52 AM      Profile for John Anastasio   Author's Homepage   Email John Anastasio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul's right. It looks like if you took the exhaust fan off and replaced it with a reflector, you'd have the integrated unit.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-18-2003 09:01 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is the M1000 rectifier section in a seperate box and is probably better capable of working longer because of the reduced heat effect of not having the lamp beside it

Bill Mantz
Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2003 01:08 AM      Profile for Bill Mantz   Email Bill Mantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guy I downloaded the manual and was able to get it work. It took some time to figure it out the person that had it before me had it wired for a special automation he made up for himself.
Bill

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-19-2003 08:58 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, be sure not to go over a 700 watt lamp when using it. All that stuff was de-rated by ORC fomr 1kw to .7kw a long time ago.... Don't worry, the .7kw lamp puts out the same amount of lumens as the 1kw lamp does. Partly due to the fact that the .7 kw lamp envelope is much smaller.
Mark @ CLACO

Bill Mantz
Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2003 11:08 PM      Profile for Bill Mantz   Email Bill Mantz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info Mark I was orginally going to use it on my 1K lamphouse but now I will my use 500watt lamphouse.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-21-2003 03:47 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually they never rated it for 1K it was designed of use with ORC lamphouses under the impression that there 700 watt lamphouse put out the same light as a 1000w verticle design did

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: