3-D Rarities Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D Rarities Part 2

Earlier this week, I got to see a copy of the upcoming Flicker Alley Blu-ray release of 3-D Rarities Part 2. It is somewhat different than Part 1 which was release a few years ago. Unlike the earlier Blu-ray, this new one contains four sections. The first is 3-D short films. The second is a narrated collections of Stereo Realist slides of American life in the 1950's and 60's. The third is the complete feature film The Sword And The Rose, the first Mexican 3-D feature from 1953 with the choice of Spanish (with or without subtitles), and English dubbed. Finally, more Stereo Realist 3-D slides from the vast collection taken by comedian Harold Lloyd in his later years, narrated by his granddaughter.

As I have come to expect, the team at the 3-D Film Archive have done a great job mastering the source material, the 3-D is flawless. From the description on the Flicker Alley web site, I initially thought the 3D Slides would be boring filler, but surprisingly not so. With the narration they are quite entertaining. For anyone into 3-D, this is another must have disc.

Thanks Mitchell for the information about this new Blu Ray 3D. I just ordered a copy today for my curved 3D TV. Looks like fun and again a big thanks to 3-D Film Archive for doing all the work. Now will have a 3D party coming up. Just have to get more Samsung 3D glasses.

Comment

I have 3-D Rarities and really enjoy it. Had no idea they were coming out with a part 2. Thanks Mitchell for the heads up.

Comment

Got 3D Rarites Pt 2 for Christmas this year. Gave my wife the link and she obliged. Excited to watch it when I get some alone time in the theater.

Comment

We have been making protection copies of DVDs and BRs for the college's Film Department'Film Library. The Library has been using DVDFab to make full disc clones with the sep files stored on on large capacity server. On the rare occasion that a DVD or BR goes missing or gets damaged beyond play-ability, the title clone files are retrieved from the serve and burned as a new disc to replace the missing or damaged one. Question: Rather than making a direct clone of the disc with all its files which would need to be burned to physical disc for playback, would it make more sense to make an iso copy. My understanding is that an iso copy is also an exact clone of the DVD or BR, the only difference being that it can be played directly by a number of players like VLC or Leawo. The major question with using iso instead of a full disc clone would be will, will an iso copy play back at the same resolution as would be when playing back a disc burned from an exact clone with all the individual files burned to a physical DVD or BR?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Sorry guys, the above post accidentally landed in Mitchell's 3D thread. Sorry bout that.

Comment

Working...
            X