Barco DP2K-32B green stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco DP2K-32B green stuck on

I have a issue that started this afternoon after replacing a bad LPS where the green DMD is stuck on. It doesn't matter whether any image is being sent out or not (test pattern or content from the media player), it is always one. I swapped the cables between the green and blue DMD and the color swapped to blue always being on. I have a spare parts 32B sitting up in the booth. Is there something I can rob from there to fix the issue?

Try reseating the ICP (assuming you don't have an ICMP server, if so reseat that). If that doesn't work, swap in the spare ICP or ICMP.
    The TI imager electronics are all (or close to all) on the ICP and the three light engine formatter cards.
    The connectors occasionally corrode or whatever, removing the card (just an inch) and replugging it a few times often fixes image issues. Make sure the card is in all the way when done.
    If you do swap cards, take a projector clone first and install it in the replaced card. A full clone is OK but "TI Boards Only" should be sufficient, full clone just takes a bit longer to save and install. I think the ICMP needs another saved file for automation setup but that might be saved in a full clone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Macaulay
      The connectors occasionally corrode...
      And I have a hunch that this is a bigger risk if the projector is operated in a high humidity location. I note that Andrew is in Houston (on the coast): I have discovered contact corrosion on the cards in a DP4K-23B in Honolulu (CCB and IMB) and a DP4K-P in Santa Monica (CCB). Here is one of the PCI connectors on the CCB that came out of the Honolulu projector:

CCB_contacts_smallfile.jpg

It was causing digital snow on the screen when either of the DVI inputs was selected. And this is actual corrosion: swabbing with contact cleaner did not make these marks go away.

I'd be interested to know if Andrew discovers anything similar on his ICP.

Comment

This is the permanent fix for that problem. It can also be applied to a brand new projector's connectors so this issue never happens.

Comment

Thanks Mark. Which of the Deoxit products would you suggest trying on a PCI connector like the one above, after regular contact cleaner has failed to improve it? There are quite a few of them!

Comment

Thanks all, reseating the ICMP resolved the issue straight away.

Comment

I have used D100L without any bad outcomes.

Works on connectors and edge connectors.

Mostly in electronic organ systems at relatively low voltages.

Comment

For one that far gone, I would use Deoxit's 5% (D5). I would use Deoxit Gold on new/undamaged/slightly damaged gold connectors as a protector as well as AFTER applying D5 on a gold connector. Note, with Deoxit, you need to let it dry before inserting it back in. Don't put in wet unless you are trying to get some onto the socket but again, then let dry (just takes a few minutes and you should see it haze a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
                  Thanks Mark. Which of the Deoxit products would you suggest trying on a PCI connector like the one above, after regular contact cleaner has failed to improve it? There are quite a few of them!
                  Pretty much what Steve said. I used the old version of Pro Gold on new NEC connectors. Probably the reason I never had any issues having to reseat modules.

Comment

This product is my goto for contact issues
                    http://www.stabilant.com/sizes.html

Comment

Many thanks. I'll get some D5 and gold for the toolkit.

Comment

Working...
                      X