No announcement yet.

NetFlix goes for non-standard: F-210 movie "The Midnight Sky."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I ask someone the Chart DCP? It would be great for the INDIE 2.1 movies that we are showing.

Comment

You can make your own chart from the image Steve included in his first post, and using DCP-o-matic. Once your learned this, you can make any framing chart you need yourself.

Comment

What I posted was a screen grab of the framing chart DCP included with the feature. So resolution and actual dimensions are not to be considered precise, at all. Since the movie travels with its framing chart, what is the need to recreate one?

I have found the need for framing charts to be HIGHLY over-rated. Instead, I create screen files of the ratios I support and load the onto the projector via the TI program (though the OEMs often have their own means for file transfers too). Then, it is a matter of zooming to fit the height/width and making it a custom screen file for the particular site (due to any keystone). They take up essentially no space on one's computer too and transfer near instantly. One just has to check focus after zooming and go through a couple of iterations of zoom/focus to ensure that both are satisfied. Anyone that can do very basic math can create screen files on most any projector and save them.

I use the Barco "Framing Uncorrected" on most installs, regardless of brand as it has a lot of information in that target. I also like NEC's framing, particularly for Real-D XL alignments as it will let one see how they are doing in the corners (or how bad it is on their curved screens) as well as in the center. I also use Barco's Focus Green since that removes any sort of convergence issues that could cause one to misinterpret focus. I have little use for most of the other targets (except some 3D ones when setting the various frame rates). I do have custom made 2.00 and 2.20 but they rarely come out because the screen files do what I need without them (using a full-white pattern).

Comment

Working...
        X