No announcement yet.

Hocus Pocus DCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the DCP you got is really only 2 channel and a 5.1 is available on blu-ray. You could rip from the blu ray and convert to dcp with dcp o matic.
    I actually did this when they sent me "Clue" late (booker messed up and filmco ok'd the use of a dvd copy) I played my dcp version and it looked and sounded great, when I got the official dcp it was only 2 channel, so rather than give my customers an inferior experience I just kept playing the dcp I created.

Comment

As with so many things, it's a case-by-case thing. The DCP should have the better picture compared to the Blu-Ray, as it uses a broader color gamut with 12 bits per channel and it uses a less lossy type of compression. So, if the picture is better in the DCP, but the sound is better in the Blu-Ray, which one would be the candidate to play? I guess it also depends on the movie itself.

Also, imagine someone would release let's say a 7.1 upmixed version of a Kubrick movie shot in mono and release it on Blu-Ray and streaming. Would you play the faithful mono-version or the "fancy pants" 7.1 upmix?

Comment

Working...
      X