Wonka FTR-3 CPL with expired certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonka FTR-3 CPL with expired certificates

My customers that have GDC servers can't screen Wonka today, as the OV CPL Wonka_FTR-3_S_EN-XX_OV_51_4K_WR_20231106_DLX_SMPTE_OV contains a certificate expired yesterday (December 30 2023).
    immagine.png
    It seems that doremi servers are able to play the CPL, while GDC, Sony and Christie are affected...

Others are experiencing the same?

Hi Elia

We are having the same problem but with Sony (XCT-M10) and GDC SR-1000s. Doesn't matter which versions is it its still the same.

15-08-2011 18:10:59 UTC 31-12-2023 00:00:00 UTC (expired)

Comment

Our one site with a GDC SR-1000 stand alone media block has failed to play Wonka today, in the U.K. All other 8 screens are still on Doremi DCP2000 and playing fine.

Comment

There seems to be some major problem, affecting primarily with SONY based systems
        that is causing most encrypted content not to play. See the message I just posted elsewhere.
        Other titles, in addition to WONKA that won't play here are:
        American Fiction, Ferrari , When Harry Met Sally, Burn It Down- The Boy & Heron
        (both dubbed & subtitled versions)
        and I"m still checking our library to see what
        works & what doesn't
        Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 12-31-2023, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Odd, no issues have been reported at the sites I service in the US with WONKA thus far today on GDC SX-2001A, SX-2000AR and SX-3000 servers.

I see we are playing a different CPL than the one Elia posted--Wonka_FTR-3_S_EN-XX-CCAP_OV_51-HI-VI-Dbox_4K_WR_20231113_DLX_SMPTE_OV (urn:uuid:fd363a15-6bfa-4447-b5d6-452ad8114855). Perhaps Deluxe used a different certificate signer chain for this 'OV'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Raftery View Post
            Odd, no issues have been reported at the sites I service in the US with WONKA thus far today on GDC SX-2001A, SX-2000AR and SX-3000 servers.

I see we are playing a different CPL than the one Elia posted--Wonka_FTR-3_S_EN-XX-CCAP_OV_51-HI-VI-Dbox_4K_WR_20231113_DLX_SMPTE_OV (urn:uuid:fd363a15-6bfa-4447-b5d6-452ad8114855). Perhaps Deluxe used a different certificate signer chain for this 'OV'?
            Can you check the CPL's validity dates? What is the end date for certificate?

With GDC SR-1000s i can see the detauls but with Sony there is no certificate details for CPL itself.

We have 1K and 1X versions (2K) and its the same for different versions for GDC. Same for Sonys.

Clearly this has nothing to do with server manufacturers but with whomever created the CPL. This thing caused so many shows being cancelled and none noticed. How could they?

Comment

I Just came Here to Check If this is already being discussed. We had to cancel today's afternoon show because of this issue. Sony XCT-M10.
              It works fine on the Barco SP4K with ICMP-X.

Comment

Originally posted by Mete Tunca View Post

Can you check the CPL's validity dates? What is the end date for certificate?

With GDC SR-1000s i can see the detauls but with Sony there is no certificate details for CPL itself.

We have 1K and 1X versions (2K) and its the same for different versions for GDC. Same for Sonys.

Clearly this has nothing to do with server manufacturers but with whomever created the CPL. This thing caused so many shows being cancelled and none noticed. How could they?
                It looks like the US CPL has the same cert error but, like Doremi, the GDC box servers are apparently unaffected by it for now:

Comment

I just got word we are shutting the theater down until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cassedy View Post
                    There seems to be some major problem, affecting primarily with SONY based systems
                    that is causing most encrypted content not to play. See the message I just posted elsewhere.
                    Other titles, in addition to WONKA that won't play here are:
                    American Fiction, Ferrari , When Harry Met Sally, Burn It Down- The Boy & Heron
                    (both dubbed & subtitled versions)
                    and I"m still checking our library to see what
                    works & what doesn't
                    Are all these movies released by Deluxe?

Comment

Originally posted by Elia Orselli View Post

Are all these movies released by Deluxe?
                      Indeed they are. Other recent Deluxe titles like Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom appear to have the same certificate issue, as well.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                        Universal has sent an email to all exhibitors in Australasia, informing them of the potential issue with Wonka and Aquaman. About Ninety percent of my Customer base is using GDC. As of yet I haven't received any calls and we are at 15.00hr 1/1/2024 NZDT. Hopefully it remains this way.

Cheers Fraser

Comment

I have seen this happening before on Sony and Barco ICMP systems when the signers certificate validity window of the KDM or CPL is either expired or set too long into the future. It's a dirty bug, as this is different from the KDM playback validity window, which is still indicated correctly. Everything is 'green', but when trying to play back the CPL, the Sony indicates a typical error. This only happens with SMPTE DCPs, as strict validity enforcement is not in place for encrypted Interop DCPs.
                          Barco fixed this issue a while ago on the ICMP at least for signers certificates that are valid too long into the future:

Release notes

build: 28205
                          Changes:
                          • Support of signer certificate validity above 2049 for CPL and KDM

I already signaled MPS about this. The files that need to be fixed are small and could be sent to KDM email addresses in seconds, no full DCP retransfer would be necessary. So, if they get the signer certificate validity fixed, this could be solved for tomorrows shows.
                          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 12-31-2023, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I had no reported issues playing Wonka (or other content) today using SR-1000s. One of them that I checked, in particular, is a 4K version running 17.30 build 30. And FWIW, none of my SX-2000AR, SX-2001, DSS200 or IMS2000 or IMS3000 sites reported any issues either.

We have no Sony nor Christie IMB-S2 sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                              I had no reported issues playing Wonka (or other content) today using SR-1000s. One of them that I checked, in particular, is a 4K version running 17.30 build 30. And FWIW, none of my SX-2000AR, SX-2001, DSS200 or IMS2000 or IMS3000 sites reported any issues either.

We have no Sony nor Christie IMB-S2 sites.
                              Atmos Error (Dolby Atmos audio not available) will appear on ims3000+cp850
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X