Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laser Diods over heat, but rest of projector reports ok Temps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marco Giustini View Post
    But if the projector is totalled and the repair cost is inaccessible to the owner, then I would happily sit on a clean table and see if I can dismantle it and see if I can find the culprit. Again, we are talking about a cooling issue, not an electronic one (unless it's a sensor issue I guess).

I have no idea how the NEC laser engines are made, but why are we speculating they are as complex as a Jet engine? The module is a paperweight. Maybe someone would be willing to take a look? A good installer with some engineering skill? Some of my colleagues in the past were manufacturing PCBs, others would be good at the lathe. It's a cooling system! And let's be reasonable: weeks of time? Taking a look would take a few hours. At that point you'd know if it's something worth investing more time or not. Totally no need for weeks of time!
    I agree with you on this one, but you still need to find someone willing to do the work on the projector and someone who wants to pay for it. I guess the customer simply needs a solution, so the replacement will, by then, have been ordered and installed. Who's willing to pay for the hours of work on the dead projector? Who's going to pay for the shipment of the projector? What happens when you actually repair it?

You're looking at this as an engineering problem, but the primary problem for the affected parties is a resource problem.

Comment

That's a good point. I was assuming the assembly could be removed and taken off site for further inspection. Or done on site.
      Of course there are financial aspects to be considered on this route as well which might make it unfeasible. I don't even know the location of the projector: is it close to the integrator's office? Is it in the middle of nowhere and an engineer visit implies 3 days because of travel and hotels? Etc.

What I disagree on is the "nobody can do that" approach.

Comment

Working...
      X