Barco DP2K-19B missing from network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco DP2K-19B missing from network

Few days ago I've had projector go to red and it was unreachable on network either from server for automation cues or from laptop communicator. Projectionist did restart and everything went ok, than it happend again two more times. Everytime, projector goes to red and is not reachable on network. In same time you can reach doremi which is connected via projector built in port (one port is doremi eth0, other is pc) so projector internal switch is ok and ethernet connection is ok as well cabling etc. Also, from device manager of doremi, projector is reachable with connection test, so that doremi can reach ICP. We did restart again and i went to check logs from projector. Strange is, that i see logs after restart, but before i just see around 25 entries which are dated Jan 1st, so around eight month old, and i cannot read why there was error and red tail light. Projector clock is set ok, and rest of logs are with ok date and time. This smells like bad projector controller board for me? Everything is on latest version and i did updated it again yesterday to see if it will happend again. One of other thing that come to mine is to try connect via rs232 but i did not have cable with me. If anyone have problems like this i would like to hear oponion!? This is series 2 barco with doremi showvault and imb.

As always, first step is to at least reseat the boards. It's best to also clean the board contacts with isopropyl and add deoxit or similar to them. The cause could be an actual failure but contact issues are common.

Comment

The router chip on the CCB could be failing, or the backplane: I've seen both happen, and cause the symptom you describe. But agreed with Dave: pulling, contact cleaning, and reseating all the cards in the cage is troubleshooting step 1.

Comment

I allready did usual board reseat/contact cleaninng procedure...

Comment

I would suggest waiting until the fault appears again (red tail light) and then try to ping the projector. If it answers the ping, but slowly, that would suggest some other source of trouble on the network (in which case Wiresharking might help to diagnose where it is coming from). If it does not answer at all, try RS232. If RS232 communication is OK, then in my experience (around 10-15 cases over the last six years), the router chip on the CCB has failed, and you need a new CCB. If it doesn't, then I haven't seen that failure mode, but would still be inclined to suspect the CCB.

As others have noted in various threads here, the backplane is also a known weak point of Series 2 Barcos, and this is what I would be inclined to suspect if the CCB answers a ping while the red tail light is showing: it would suggest to me that the CCB cannot communicate with the IMB and/or ICP through the backplane, but that LAN communication is OK.

The backplane is a cheap part, but a long and fiddly job to swap out (yes, Steve, I know you can do it in twenty minutes flat with one hand tied behind your back and after several margaritas, but it takes me a couple of hours); the CCB is a pricey part, but can be swapped out in 15 minutes (assuming that you've kept a clone file backup from the projector to upload into the new CCB, and don't have to reconstruct any settings beyond the IP configuration). If you don't have that clone backup and RS232 communication is still OK, download that clone via RS232 before swapping the boards.

Comment

I've had one site that has had three CCBs fail (no external connectivity). However, in their case, they are all SDI based so no Ethernet means that the server cannot talk to the projector (or Enigma) so that ends the ability to show DCPs. The failures have been spaced a bit but I'd say they all failed within the last 12 months.

Comment

If you do not know the IP of the machine, you can connect to the printer via com1-2 with a usb cable, when you plug it into the usb port on the control card, you must select com from the program, but you must install the usb cable driver.

Comment

Working...
              X