Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christie CP2215 - Blurred edge with red tint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie CP2215 - Blurred edge with red tint.

Today I've noticed problem with one of our Christie's CP2215.
    Top and right edge of the image is blurred with red tint. It occurs when content from IMS2000, and test patterns from projector are being displayed.
    When I've edited screen file to adjust masking, this part of image is being cut with "clean edge".
    It's the first time I've encountered such issue, I haven't had and opportunity yet to check the projector inside, but wanted first to ask for some advice.
    Have you ever seen similar issues? What would be the best way of troubleshooting/ order of checking things?
    I'd be grateful for any advice as I have no ideas so far.
    Thanks in advance!

PS. (sorry for the poor quality of photos, had only few minutes to check this between the shows)
    Attached Files

You have, for sure a "fold mirror" adjustment issue (the light isn't hitting the DMDs centered) and you might have a light pipe (integrator) that is out of adjustment (rotation relative to DMDs). Note, do NOT run the lamp up in this condition...it is going to heat parts of the DMDs not designed to reflect the light.

Comment

In line with Steve, first hunch would be integrator issue. Can permanently damage your light engine if left unchecked, so best to get a tech over there to get it readjusted.

If it's just a fold mirror adjustment, if memory serves correctly, two screwdrivers is all you need. But if you've never done it yourself, it's still best to get a tech over. But if it's just a fold mirror issue, you usually are just missing a part of the picture, minus the discoloration.

Would be interesting to know if this just happened over time or if the machine was recently moved or worked on?

Comment

Steve​, Marcel - Thank you very much for your help and sharing the knowgledge!

I've adjusted the fold mirror (two hex keys were needed) and the issue is resolved (discolouration was disappearing during the proces, and it's also gone).

I think it happened over the time. Projector wasn't worked on or moved recently.
        I Haven't noticed any vibrations, but is it possible that something like that is going on?

I've looked into my records - this projector had fold mirror adjusted 5 months ago by external tech company during yearly maintenance/checkup (we decided to part our ways with them some time ago)

Comment

Did you feel the screws were not tightened? Maybe the company/tech was inapt to perform the task and hid their incompetence with the masking. Next time they come, better have a close look at what they are doing

Comment

Also worth checking to see that digital convergence is not turned on.

Comment

The mirror shouldn't have moved that much in five months; but there again, why did it need adjusting at that point? In my experience (which admittedly is 90% with NECs and Barcos), the fold mirror is a "set and forget" during installation or light engine replacement, if the light engine doesn't have the mirror in the same assembly (e.g. Barco Series 4). I've never known one just to go out over a relatively short time. So I'm guessing that either the set screws simply weren't tightened enough, or vibration or some other environmental factor has caused the mirror to move.

Comment

hi i am christie expert

When this error is tilted to the right and left due to the vibration caused by the long prism called the rod, such errors can occur. If the color lines on the side lines do not correct with the adjustment, convergence should be done.​

Comment

I wouldn't look at the lightfield for adjusting convergence. The lightfield must overspill the DMD - just a bit or you'll burn things. Once that is set, you can check convergence - which has nothing to do with the mirrors adjustment, just to be clear.

For convergence you must use a test pattern, not the edge of the lightfield coming from mirrors!

Comment

Working...
                  X