Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Documentation on network control of a QSC DCP 100 sound processor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Documentation on network control of a QSC DCP 100 sound processor.

Been googling this for a few hours now. No joy. A lot about Q-SYS, but this is not that.
    Does anyone have documentation on the control, via a network, of a QSC DCP 100 sound processor?
    Ports used?
    Commands?
    etc.

Thanks.

James, there is the manual itself that has ASCII commands for them (note, all three DCP models accept the DCP300 commands) see Appendix A.

Additionally, if you have the DCP Manager program, in the menus is a "3rd Party Control" or words to that effect, where you can choose what you are wanting to control and it will list the command. The command set has both xml like and ASCII like options too.

Comment

Steve, I did fine that stuff, but no clear indication of the IP port to connect to. Yes Serial wise, But I need IP based. I tried connecting to some active ports and supplying the human-readable dcp300version=
      command and similar. Locked up the unit. lost PING. So I thought I would ask.
      The IMS2000 talk to the unit is using udp to 3007 (Forget, working from memory. Wrote it down in some notes.). using some XML based commands that are extremely cryptic.
      Have not been able to find any reference to XML commands anywhere.

Some good old, TCP socket commands on a specific port would be preferred.

Comment

For a DPM100 (per the automation settings backup from an install I did using them), the port is TCP 4446 and the termination string is a carriage return. Not sure about the DCP; sorry.

Comment

See Steve's post on the old forum: http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t003575.html

The DCP100 and 300 use the same command set.

The DCP300 operates on port 4446

It doesn't use opening or closing characters (doesn't need a CR or LF).

The Presets are called via "dcp300preset=<preset number>"
          Mute is "dcp300mute=1" for On, "=0" for off.
          Fader levels are "dcp300fader=<fader level>"

Put the fader level as it would read out without the "dB" part so a -20dB would be "dcp300fader=-20"

For -3.3dB it would be "dcp300fader=-3.3"

Leading zeros are omitted so

For 0.0dB it would be "dcp300fader=0"

Comment

Seriously, using the DCP Manger program will provide all information on the commands. Here is it set to XML:

DCP300Commands1.jpg

This is it set to "serial" (ASCII):

DCP300Commands2.jpg

Notice too, it can support TCP as well as UDP (and the different ports).

-Steve

Comment

Working...
            X