Barco S4 firmware 1.7.4 package pulled from release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco S4 firmware 1.7.4 package pulled from release

I see that Barco pulled the S4 firmware package 1.7.4 from release (1.7.3 is now the most current). I don't know if this was the cause but we got a report from a client with an SP4K-25 where the left "masking" was was some multiplier of what was actually entered in the screen (picture) file. So, a screen file for say 1.85:1 would be minimally affected (but still visible), a file for a 1.33:1 would crop significantly more. Thus far, it only appears to affect the left side.
    Last edited by Steve Guttag; 04-12-2023, 06:03 AM.

Interesting!

I updated a site to 1.7.4 (SP4K-12C) about 2-3 weeks ago, and the day before yesterday they emailed me reporting a vertical black line on the left-hand side of the image. I thought it was a keystone (even though I didn't remember one from the install) until they showed me a photo, which showed the border perfectly straight. Going there in the next few days to see what is up. If the artifact is asymmetrical (i.e. there is no image bleed on the right), that would suggest that this bug has been at work.

Comment

I've received a confirmation about the bug and that there should be an Info-T or other similar notice going out soon.

Comment

Any possibility that this could affect v1.4.4.8 of the ICMP-X firmware (rolled in to 1.7.4) running on a unit installed into a Series 2 projector? Personally, I'd be inclined to hold fire on this, too.

Comment

Since the ICMP-X and ICP-D tend to share a lot and this is an interpretation of the screen file, I'd think likely. Then again, I'd think that they would remove any update that contains the bug.

Comment

ICP-D firmware 1.2.1.5 was also pulled for unspecified reasons. Cinionic is saying to go back to 1.2.1.4 for now.

Comment

1.4.4.8 is gone for both ICMP-X and the standard ICMP. I think they had a masking/resizing bug already in previous software versions, and it seems it was persistent.

Comment

I've noticed that automatic "Flat" setting in the Picture file creation was cropping in a different way the left part of the image. Probably I'll have to correct a couple of new setups done with 1.7.4 when moving to the new version.

Comment

Version 1.7.5 is now on Barco's website, but the release notes seem to suggest that for SP4K-C projectors, it is identical to 1.7.3:

version_175.png

As far as I can tell from the release notes, the only difference between 1.7.3 and 1.7.5 is that the support for new SP4K-B model variants introduced in 1.7.4 is retained. So unless you are installing or servicing one of these new models, there is no point in updating from 1.7.3 to 1.7.5 (i.e. if the projector involved is an SP4K-C, an SP4K-40B or bigger, or an SP2K).
                  Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 05-01-2023, 09:48 AM.

Comment

The word I got, at the time, was, that the 1.7.6 release would have the fixes that 1.7.4 had as well as the fixes for 1.7.4. My guess is that 1.7.5 was far enough along in beta testing that they didn't want to delay it by also rolling in a fix for 1.7.4. That said, I'd think that it would be something like 1.7.5.1 to denote that it wasn't the version in beta and has the Masking issue removed.

Comment

1.7.6 is now available on myBarco website

Version 1.7.6 (Service Release) Bug fixes:
                      • ICMP / ICP-D: Fix an issue where left masking values were doubled on screen. (infoT1599)
                      • ICMP/ICP-D: Fix an issue on the scaling and masking on 2K3D48fps content on all supported 4K platforms.
                      • ICMP: Fix an issue in handling and positioning of vertical subtitles.
                      • ICP-D: Fix an intermittent issue where an ICMP/ICP-D DLP error was triggered.
                      • ICP-D: Fix an intermittent issue where no image was displayed after a format change with GDC server.​

Comment

So it's effectively 1.7.4 but with the masking bug fixed.

Comment

Plus the 1.7.5 fixes.

Comment

Apart from "fix an issue in which left masking values were doubled," the 1.7.6 fixes look the same to me as the 1.7.4 fixes that were rolled back and noted as known issues in 1.7.5. Therefore:

1.7.4 - four bug fixes, support for two new projector models, and the masking bug introduced
                            1.7.5 - Same as 1.7.3 but retaining support for the new projector models
                            1.7.6 - Same as 1.7.4, but with the masking bug fixed

Comment

Anyone else try ICP-D firmware version 1.2.1.6 yet on a Series 2 Barco with a GDC SX-2000AR or SX-3000 server? I'm experiencing an issue where the first second or two of video on each and every CPL is being dropped. Switch out the ICP-D to an ICP and the problem disappears. Tested on a DP2K-23B running 2.10.118 / 1.2.1.6 and a GDC SX-2000AR running 9.0-build511.

Comment

Working...
                              X