No announcement yet.

NEC NC2000C How to Update projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the most current software and firmware versions for the NEC NC2000C?

Comment

It is package 4.320
      That contains CPU 4.422 (goes back to package 4.316)
      CPU Data 4.382

DCC 6.0.0.0 is the current communicator and Digital Certification read software.

Since the Sharp/NEC entity, they've pulled most of the older releases from distribution. The oldest one can download is 4.315

Comment

And just to add some more complication into the mix, there are two versions of NEC Communicator for Series 2. 6.0.0.0 is current for the mk. I version; 510145 for mk. II. The mk. II version uses tabs, like a browser, and I personally prefer it for that reason, because if you're using two or three functions interchangeably (e.g. lens position and screen files, while making up macros), you can have just those tabs open simultaneously and switch between them, without having to climb up and down menus all the time. The gotcha is that some older Series 2 projectors won't work with DCC version 2. The NC900 is definitely one of them, and the 2000 might be, too.

And if that weren't complicated enough, the NC1040L needs its own version of DCC, which won't work with any other projector, and the "mainstream" DCC for Series 2 versions won't work with it. The current version is 5.0.6.0L.

Comment

What is the difference or perhaps a better question is, what is the application for the version file NC2000_4.312_Service.ncversion versus NC2000-A_4.312_Service.ncversion where there is a "A" in the filename?
          And I don't seem to see the package 4.320 on the FTP site. Is it relatively new?
          Thanks for all the information...
          Lance

Comment

In NEC speak, an "A" is a projector that has no native input but I suppose they could use it for various reasons. For instance, the NC900 was always an "A" as it required the IMB installed to provide an input. You could put in a "Legacy Board" but that would be considered an option so it is still an A. However, the key is to verify on the label of the projector that it is an "A" or not an A.

The current site is a Sharp/NEC site and 4.320 is definitely there and I don't think is too recent. The release list has it at 8/22. At this point, most of the changes are related to xenon lamps...what ones are approved, updating the "certified" lamp list and approved certification numbers.

Comment

Thanks Steve,
              I appreciate the explanation.
              I don't have access to the Sharp site, only the Strong FTP site. Ill ask them to put it up.
              Lance

Comment

Well, if they do, they should put DCC 6.0.0.0 with it as that is the current DCC and the current Certificate Reader.

Comment

Working...
                X