No announcement yet.

Barco SP2K Ingest from Hard Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really need to simply standardise on USB3. Its a cheap interface, is quite robust due to its simplicity. Faster than any SATA hard drive. Even SSD.
    And mostly inexpensive to purchase and far cheaper to Post due to size/weight. You can get a USB3 storage device in Officeworks/Staples for very little. They are nearly through away.
    And really, going forward, Internet delivery is the main path in most of the world. (Especially with internet services like Starlink everywhere in the world.) I use a Starlink connection to completely manage and send all content to a location today.

If a cinema's internet link goes down, just go home and download it. This is why I am against all these restrictive/custom delivery solutions. We don't have custom expensive delivery solutions for Email. And at the end of the day, Email is simply a file delivery solution just like DCP-delivery, but yes deals with much bigger files. Relying on these custom delivery solutions is like locking your company into using Fax Machines with costly consumables.. when the world moved on to near free Email 20 years ago.

Comment

Just one point with SATA connectors and probably USB over long term.
      Both types are not intended for permanent off and on, they are extremely cheap connectors doing their job, but not intended for thousands of couplings.
      So I would not use the soldered in connector on the IMS to make the connection. A little extension cord, solidly bonded to the projectoir shell, so no force on the USB connector.
      I have seen operators coincidentially drop a small HDD, making it hang on the USB outlet of the IMS.

Comment

Working...
      X