Dolby/Doremi Legacy products cert expiration and year 2024 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are welcome.
    Have you checked where this USB2.0 connector on which the Intel memory is connected and screwed connects too?
    You will find that it connects to what is described as USB6.
    A USB port on the motherboard, where you probably connected the USB stick you are using right now.

Quite a few years ago, Doremi (then) asked everyone who was still on Intel memory modules to change them. Indeed, with Innodisk ones.​

Comment

It's not an Intel Memory Board but the Intel Motherboard, which doesn't have said USB 6 port, like Supermicro Motherboards. The OS used to be on PQI disk on module flashdrive which plugs into the IDE-port.
      I had to connect the USB-Stick on the back and change the boot priority to from IDE to USB in the BIOS

Comment

I see. I am too... young to be familiar with those servers. It may be one of the black chassis units, the OEM-DOR-315 with the SE7221BK1-E motherboard.
        The fact remains, though, that on many units, the OS is running through a USB connection. Being cautious, I would make a backup of that drive to another USB 2 one.
        But I wouldn't worry much because of the type of the connection.

Comment

It’s exactly that kind of server. I‘ll make a back-up of the Stick with the OS, but it’s not that big of deal since it‘s one of our two backup servers anyway.
          Good news, I tested it with encrypted content today and it runs again.
          I jzst want to change the resolution of the classic GUI, but can’t get it to work with the explanation in the manual.

Comment

How do I get to the files for this? The page loads nothing when I click the FTP link in the Dolby/Doremi Certificate Extension for Servers. It wont load in CyberDuck Either.

Comment

Did you try an FTP client?
              FileZilla is cross platform and -from daily experience- works great.
              Dolby, also says that you need to log in with the “service” username and corresponding password.

Comment

Doremi server?

Read this: https://kb.dolby.com/CinemaKnowledge...cate-Extension

The cert extension only works on a server using the latest SW v2.8.52 and SM v5.2.1, they may need FW 5.1.117 too, it fails to install without at least the SW and SM.
                This SW displays the cert expiration date in Diagnostics Tool, if you check that before the rest of the package installations you'll see the current ones expire within a year. The new ones go to 2038 I think.
                - IMB FW are different packages: "main" v30.11g-1 and "alternate" v30.08q for HFR.
                - IMS 1000/2000 needs SW v2.6.5.2, SM v6.2.1 and FW v4.6.12.
                - IMS3000 - I don't know, ask Dolby.

SW needs no DLM key but SM and FW do - it gets a bit strange though as the watermark system changed at some point and there are ftp folders for two FW DLM versions (-c for early, -d for later models): if your SN isn't on one then check the other.
                NEC supplies DLMs for their branded IMS servers (same packages though) so they won't be on there. IMAX probably does this stuff remotely.

For the actual SW/SM/FW packages I believe you need an ftp login at ftp://cinema.dolby.com - and posting logins here is prohibited. That login is far from a secret though... If you can't find it, email cinemasupport@dolby.com and they will probably send a link to the packages you need.

Versions above are current as of 2013-03-04 - check for newer ones before doing this if you wait until later in the year.

Comment

I've used Filezilla, and it has always worked for me without issues. The FTP client built into Windows would likely work, too (though on some if not all variants, you have to add it via control panel > programs and features > Windows features); with it installed, simply enter the FTP URL into Windows Explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Macaulay View Post

The cert extension only works on a server using the latest SW v2.8.52 and SM v5.2.1, they may need FW 5.1.117 too, it fails to install without at least the SW and SM.
                    - IMS3000 - I don't know, ask Dolby.
                    FW does not affect certificate extension. You only need to upgrade SW and SM (with DLM).
                    IMS3000 will need an update before Jan 1st 2026 (but the bundle is not yet released)

Comment

Yes it’s a Doremi DCP2K4 with a dolphin 1.0 card. I got into the ftp site believe it or not using windows 11’s file explorer. I downloaded the files matching my dolphin’s serial number. I first ingested the software update, rebooted and that went fine. Ingested the firmware update it was the same as what was already on my card but it went fine anyway. I ingested the certificate extension and rebooted just like the last two only this one returned an error. I don’t remember what it is and the top of head currently as I am not in front of the server at the moment. I will post it once I get back. I tried running the certificate cleaner and that failed as well. I’ll get back in it when I’m near the server again. This is the one I’m trying to get a video output on from SDI to HDMI conversion. It’s kicking my ass…

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
                        I've used Filezilla, and it has always worked for me without issues. The FTP client built into Windows would likely work, too (though on some if not all variants, you have to add it via control panel > programs and features > Windows features); with it installed, simply enter the FTP URL into Windows Explorer.
                        Every single GDC TMS is based around Filezilla, and it has worked really well there. I've moved content to more than six screens at once and it still did it quickly and reliably.

Comment

So the error is “No matching licenses found for this system” it shows my Dolphin’s serial number and the file matches that. This server has seen two Dolphin cards in its life. The original 1.0 and a 1.2. I have both of these cards and the serial number for the 1.0 is under e-SN and the 1.2 is under last seen in the log file. Is there a problem with the server knowing about two different dolphin cards? Should I make the server forget the 1.2 existed? Do I just follow the 1.0 to 1.2 upgrade procedure for clearing the certificates only in reverse as I want to continue using my 1.0 card?

Comment

Could someone tell me how to download the update for doremi servers? When I enter the dolby portal, the certificates and something else appear, but the version 2.8.52 to download does not appear.

Comment

From the normal Dolby cinema web site, one can download the DRMs (including for NEC branded IMS1000s). From either the Doremi or Dolby FTP sites (really need a suitable FTP program to properly navigate) you can download the various software, Security Manager (and Firmware though not required for the certificate extension) as well as the Certificate Extension (must be done AFTER the Software and SM are updated). I've now done IMS1000, IMS2000, DCP2K4 (with Dolphin board) and Showvault IMB...all without incident. Make sure you get the proper software, SM for your particular server/mediablock combination. It is all relatively painless...just time consuming as there will be 3 reboots involved on top of the time it takes for it to do the actual update.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Guttag View Post
                                From the normal Dolby cinema web site, one can download the DRMs (including for NEC branded IMS1000s). From either the Doremi or Dolby FTP sites (really need a suitable FTP program to properly navigate) you can download the various software, Security Manager (and Firmware though not required for the certificate extension) as well as the Certificate Extension (must be done AFTER the Software and SM are updated). I've now done IMS1000, IMS2000, DCP2K4 (with Dolphin board) and Showvault IMB...all without incident. Make sure you get the proper software, SM for your particular server/mediablock combination. It is all relatively painless...just time consuming as there will be 3 reboots involved on top of the time it takes for it to do the actual update.

thanks for answering! on the dolby site it allows us to download the certificates and firmware from imb christie, but on the other hand, the updates from the server do not. Perhaps in Europe we do not have access. When we want to register in Dolby, they answer us that only technical services can access with a username and password, it is a shame to have to make such a large expense to call the technical service to update the servers..

Comment

Working...
                                X