Dolby/Doremi Legacy products cert expiration and year 2024 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike
    I've unplugged the Doremi completely now and I'll give it another try tomorrow. If that doesn't work, shall I try installing 2.8.52 again but instead of rebooting for the install, I'll switch the Doremi off and do a power cycle for 10+ seconds?

Comment

If that doesn't work, we'd recommend downloading a detailed report (system logs) and sending it in for review. I wouldn't make any other changes at this time until we determine better what is happening.

Comment

I've now installed the two updates (software and SM) and certificate extension patch on a DCP2000/Dolphin 1.2, a ShowVault/IMB, and an IMS2000, all without any problems or issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Renlund View Post
          Ioannis, I believe we now have the DLMs for NEC sorted out. Please check again.
          Yes. Freshly out... like hot buns.
          Thank you for the tip Mike!

Comment

Hi Mike
            Tried the full power cycle, but to no avail. Concerning the system logs, is that the detailed report in the diagnostic tool? Shall I send it to you?
            Kind regards
            Alban

Comment

Alban,

Yes it is the detailed report in diagnostic tools. Please send to CinemaSupport{at]Dolby.com with a description about what is going on.

Mike

Comment

Thanks
                I‘ll send it tomorrow

Comment

Installed the updates from Dolby in a ShowVault/IMB on Tuesday. Took about 45 minutes. Had assistance over the phone from a Dolby technician (Reneh, who is awesome) to retrieve all the files (8 total) from the Dolby Customer Portal.

Ingest software package file (1) and reboot. Ingest security manager files (2) and reboot. Ingest firmware package files (2) and reboot. Ingest 2nd firmware package files (2) and reboot. Ingest certificate extension file (1) and reboot. The certificate extension file will be specific to the serial number on your IMB or IMS.

Total files ingested = 8. Total reboots = 5. Total errors = 0.

A fun time was had by all.

Comment

Thus far, I've done SV & IMB, DCP2000 & Dolphin 1.2 and Dolphin 1.

All were fine, one of the Dolphin 1.2 units threw an error about SHA1 cert, this was simpy because the server had seen 2 Dolphins in its lifetime and still had certs aboard from the previous.

Comment

@ Mike
                      How long does it usually take to get a reply from the support?

Comment

Dolby has support engineers working Monday through Friday (excepting holidays) on cases. Usually you'll get a response in about a day...or less. If you send in an email over the weekend or on a holiday, we'll get working on the cases the next working day. We always have someone on-call for off-screen emergencies, and you can see how to reach us in the case creation email we send that tells you the case number.

Comment

Something went wrong with my mail, when I correctly sent the mail, I got an answer and online help within minutes. Seems like the SSD is corrupted and needs replacing

Comment

The server is up and running again, but from a USB-stick. I'll just have to haul the unit back to theatre and connect it up to a projector, to actually check if it plays content.
                            How unsafe is it, running the Doremi-OS from a Stick?

Comment

Not really unsafe.
                              The original storage was already connected via a USB port. (The cable you disconnected to connect the USB stick, probably. The only concerns are power (I would prefer USB 2 over USB 3) and readability.

Comment

Thanks for your answer
                                Good to hear, but it‘s actually the Intel board with a IDE-Flash modul (PQI)
                                I‘m using a cheapo USB2.0-stick for the moment, but I‘ll try to get aholdbof something more reliable like a innodisk.

Comment

Working...
                                X