Dolby/Doremi Legacy products cert expiration and year 2024 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolby/Doremi Legacy products cert expiration and year 2024 issue

In addition to the late 2025 cert expiration issue that all Doremi Dolphin based products will suffer from (Dolphin 1.0, 1.2, IMB, IMS1000, IMS2000), there also seems to be a 'Year2K24 bug' that needs to be addressed quickly (before January 1st 2024).

https://kb.dolby.com/CinemaKnowledge...cate-Extension

https://kb.dolby.com/CinemaKnowledge...e/Y2K24-SM-RTC

The second article does not mention Dolphin 1.0 boards. As they have no security manager, they may not have that specific issue?

I can't speak for all parts of the globe (or plane...if you go that way)...but we have received info from Dolby just this past week regarding both concerns.

Comment

Yes Carsten, Dolphin 1.0 don't have SM: they need only the certificate extension (+ server sw update if the user doesn't need to export SMPTE audit logs).

Yesterday SW, SM (+DLMs) and Certificate extension packages have been released and Dolby sent (here in EU too) an email about the procedure.

Comment

This will kill quite a number of systems on January 1st 2024. So many systems not under ongoing maintenance, so many operators will not have any clue what is going on. And this can not be fixed in the field afterwards - if at all.

Comment

The 2024 bug can be fixed after the 01/01/2024, only the certificate loss will be permanent, but after December 1st 2025. At least the bug will make many people call a service tech some month before the worst.

Comment

All I can say is, support engineers, START YOUR ENGINES!! Luckily this upgrade should be achievable remotely from my understanding.

Comment

Doesn't say anything in those bulletins regarding Dolphin 1.2 connected to Series 1 projectors (i.e Christie CP2000 with Gore board installed), if there are any risks /restrictions, updating SW to 2.8.52 and SM to 2.2.1...(some 50 plus such updates pending)

Comment

Yes. Interesting!
                I have a couple of NP-90MS01, some say "potato", some say "IMS1000", with Security Manager 6.1.136 and no DML for update to 6.2.1 anywhere on the NEC support site.
                Funny thing: Dolby does have the proper package for those serial numbers, but not the DLMs...
                What can one do? Press F5 maybe...

Comment

NEC is supposed to supply support for those NEC branded IMS1000s. I suggest contacting your regional NEC support. When I've needed DLMs, I've gone through the NEC support process without issue.

Comment

Yes. That's the course of action that would most probably trigger interest and reaction.

Comment

Hi
                      We tried updating one of our Dolphin 1.0 Servers and it failed. The diagnostic tool shows SW 2.8.52 but the Dolphin Card can't be found. We tried it several times and we had different Errors showing while updating:
                      -could not install file "$ROOTDST/sbin/rwdo" (error: 1)
                      -could not install file "$ROOTDST/etc/issue.template" (error: 1)
                      -could not install file "$ROOTDST/usr/local/share/mxfile/xmldict.xml" (error: 1)

Does anyone know what the issue could and if it's fixable?

Thanks

Comment

So, the software was already 2.8.52, no update done there (if it did, what was the previous version?), No Security Manger installed (Dolphin 1.0) and you installed directly the certificate update package for the specific eS/N, but it failed, giving the errors you describe.
                        Correct?

(The best to answer your question would be Dolby, but I am trying to understand what you did and upon what kind of server.)

Comment

We tried updating the SW from 2.8.30 to 2.8.52

Comment

Hello, I have some info on a couple questions.

Adrian, the new update doesn't change any relation to series 1 projector support. No restrictions.

Ioannis, I believe we now have the DLMs for NEC sorted out. Please check again.

Alban, we'd recommend a full power cycle (unplug for 10+ seconds), then power up and try again. If you still have issues, email Dolby Cinema Support.

Mike at Dolby

Comment

I was kinda hoping for Mike to poke in with a reply in the thread
                              I knew the SW update would be just fine, for the SM update I was worried.
                              Thank you for the clarification info.

Adrian,

Comment

Working...
                              X