No announcement yet.

Doremi Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do thank you very much. Once I get a flash drive from the manager I will do so and see what I can find.

Comment

I have run the analysis. Other than some warnings about the secure clock battery there is a warning pertaining to a process using more that 85 percent of the cpu and two for corruption of the Ingest Database. There isn’t anything problematic in the hardware tab. I have the process status open right now and the ingest_mgr.out is using between 67 to 100 percent of the CPU. The server is just sitting here idle not hooked to a network or anything else at all. Is this normal?

Comment

Makes 'some sense' - ingest manager busy about a corrupt database. However, never heard about that specific issue before, nor have I seen hints how to fix a corrupt ingest manager database on a Doremi. I would send that Log-Report or link to the result to Dolby tech support. They will probably instruct how to reset the ingest manager database.

Comment

I will send it to them for sure. I browsed around and made it to the storage tab. And found this. All the hard drives states show normal. The SSD shows error. Does this mean the SSD is developing bad sectors or can the log just not communicate with it a certain way because it is USB? image.jpg

Comment

SDD ist NOT the SSD - it's the unpopulated 4th drive slot in a typical Show Vault, and it's normal that it reports an error, which means 'missing drive'.

I don't know where the ingest manager database is located on a Doremi. You may solve the problem by reinitialising the RAID, but, as this is not a screen down situation, I would wait for Dolbys response.

- Carsten

Comment

Oh yeah I see it now. That’s the 4th SATA port. I will just have to wait for them to get back then. Thank you.

Comment

Finally hooked the server up to a spare projector. After fighting around with finding the missing Dallas key, getting all the network cables properly hooked up and dealing with the broken barco keypad of doom I finally got a marriage between the server and the projector. I have been playing a test playlist through it for a week now and it has been solid. The problem seemed to be that the ram was making a bad connection to its slot. Now that I looked at it more it appears to be ECC DDR2 type ram which in my experience was notorious for chip creep and it needed to be reseated sometimes pretty frequently. I fought with computers a lot in school that would do things like this. Brings back some pretty (sometimes frustrating) memories of walking into my votech classroom and having to reseat the ram in half the darn computers in our room. Haha!

Comment

Good work on that! I recently had an HP workstation that started showing it had missing ram during boot up. It was not the socket or the RAM in.this case, but something with the motherboard. Ended up replacing the board.

Comment

Are these gold connectors? If not, maybe Deoxit would help.

Comment

What type of Deoxit would you recommend for gold plated edge connectors? It is hard to get in germany, but I would go a few miles for the proper stuff.

Comment

This has worked well...
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I tend to think of Deoxit D5 as a cleaner and "Gold" as a preventive. So, if I have an edge connector that has an issue, I'll start with D5 (and note, a little is as good, and really better, than a lot). Let it dry and haze over. Then apply Deoxit Gold. If I'm pulling an ICP, for instance, perhaps to change its battery, I'll apply Gold only as a preventive. On new IMB/IMS type server swaps, I'll apply Gold on the installation.

Comment

You can, but I've had great luck just using this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X