NEC 900C converting from Scope sized screen to larger Flat sized screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC 900C converting from Scope sized screen to larger Flat sized screen

We recently converted from a Scope sized screen to a larger Flat sized screen that is the same width as the original scope screen. We didn't want to keep shrinking the flat movies to fit onto the scope sized screen. Before we converted, I was able to enlarge the flat display using zoom and pan controls, and use the entire width of the scope screen and the flat display would show off the top of the scope sized screen about 2-3 feet as expected. I tried this several times and nothing appeared to be in the way of going to the larger flat screen. So now we have the screen installed and for some reason my drop ceiling is in the way, and cuts off the top 8-10 inches of my flat display. I cannot believe I didn't notice the bright light on the ceiling tile when I was testing it before we changed screens. We are using an NEC 900C projector. Is there something my installers may have adjusted in the software by accident that would affect the height of the Flat display settings? I tried different angles on my projector by adjusting the heights of the feet, and the zoom and pan settings, but nothing seems to be working so far. Any suggestions?

There are crop settings in a projector that allow you to remove pixels from the edges of the picture, but 8-10 inches seems like a lot to crop away; to the point that you'd probably be giving the actors a haircut in a lot of scenes.

Are you sure the picture isn't also wider than it used to be? If so, then you just need to make the whole picture smaller so it fits.

Comment

Thanks Frank! I have some pictures of the the old screen and it seems to be the same width. I must be losing it. We are looking at possibly moving the projector to a different location but it will involve some expense and work. I just want to be sure there isn't something else that I'm missing before we do this.

Comment

1.85 is the ratio for a flat screen. Grab a tape measure and measure the width of your picture at the screen and do the math to determine the height that the picture should be based on that formula.

Comment

Working...
        X