Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barco DP2K-6E - error 10944 "player - service door tamper - cannot play"

Hello,

As usual - the day before important event, we've got through something that never happened before. One of our 6E after being transported got the error:

Code 10944 "player - service door tamper - cannot play"

At first I thought it's the insertion tamper so I took out the ICMP and installed it again but after I tried the usual code to clear the error, I noticed it's something different and it does not help.

I've tried to locate tamper switch(es) in a card cage but I can't find any. None of the service doors have been removed recently, but I am happy to try with a service manual if you think it might help - but where to start?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Marek

UPDATE: I've posted to fast - the issue was caused by a stuck tamper of a light compartment cover (left side). Re-installing solved it.

Comment

Good to know - we recently had similar problems with the same error message preventing playout - multiple times after clearing it. Reinserting the ICMP sometimes solved it for a day or so. We were experiencing strong temperature variations in the booth at that time. The system is now doing fine, after we took out the ICMP and Cinema Controller board and cleaned the edge contacts as Barco recommends.

Comment

Dear Carsten,

Cleaning and re-seating ICMP is my habit every 90 days or after every transportation - we've experienced many strange issues (e.g. player unable to eject/open the playlist) from it in the past (but strange thing is it never happened in 10S, only 6E...) but as I've mentioned - the board insertion tamper is the usual one, now it was different - might be connected with temperature/humidity actually here as well - after all this tamper is a simple, small contactor so just a little movement might open the circuit..

Luckily all works fine now.

Comment

I see questions like this so often that I'm starting to wonder about the way components work inside a digital projector.

Are they using edge connectors like standard computer cards? That doesn't seem right to me. These are supposed to be high-reliability devices. They shouldn't fail as often as they do. It's rather silly to see so many questions about digital projectors that are so often solved by reseating boards.

Why don't they use a connector like this?

Connector.png
          This is the way computers inside the Space Shuttles were connected together. They do it like this on the International Space Station, too.
          Made and installed properly, they are virtually bulletproof. They'd better be because, if something fails on the Space Station, people could die!

We make these connectors where I work. I don't work on that line but I have seen them made. Like I said... Bulletproof!

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be done instead of the regular edge connector. They don't take up any more space.

Comment

Working...
          X