Dolby DSS200 system reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolby DSS200 system reinstall

I've got DSS200 with dead raid and dead 3 disc..... So won't boot either If someone knows where i could find system installation from start? I have check everything on dolby site and ftp but, except dlm i cannot find anything. Good is that i have 3 other hdd from aproved list which i can use, only don't know are all four disc mndtory or i can build raid 5 with 3 and dolby will say ok? Good thing is when connected to cat862z that is available and i see settings are still there, so i think it is ok. Also some old system like 4.4.... would be good, so to be able to put link encription to cinelink, because projector has only type 1 gore board and won't work with tls or tls2. I know unit is outdated, but still if it can be installed..... Don't know why there is no files on dolby, because it is discontinued or?

Your very first step is to connect to the cat862 and see what exact version of software that is on.
    The DSS200 will actually run ok on any drive, but for the best reliability stick with the HGST drives from Dolby's approved list. You CAN create a 3-drive raid from a clean install, but I wouldn't recommend it. Better you get the 4th drive for the install.

Comment

Cat 862z is running 4.4.0.50 software. I can rebuild raid witb three or all four disc, only need to get system install somewhere? Probably something 4.4.xxx

Comment

I think it's due to DCI rules that they don't have any pre-DCI versions available on dolbycustomer.com. So if you need to use Cinelink II DH because of a projector with no gore board, I'd suggest emailing cinemasupport {at} dolby.com and asking if they could send you a clean install ISO of the version that is currently installed. I once had to ask for 4.3.something in a situation like this, and they were willing to give it to me.

Comment

Will do that, thanks! As, it is only option!

Comment

If it has a CF bootflash, remove it before install. The installer should then install in 'boot from RAID' mode. You may need to adjust the BIOS to boot from RAID.

Comment

CAT862 4.4.0.50 corresponds to System software 4.4.2 (10). You should be able to request the Install disc .iso file for that.

Comment

I just have got mail from dolby. They said 4.5.4.2 is latest with CAT862 4.4.0.50 and it won't affect to Cinelink mode. I have got file, first will replace drives as last two could fail easy i think because one of them is unusual noisy.

Comment

If memory serves 4.4 was already the DCI version. If that works with your projector then the latest version should work too.

Check the encryption type on under theatre devices and/or just force TLS via script (it’s on the script folder something like ‘setEncryption.ah TLS’ - reboot and see if it works). If it works you’re safe and you can update. But if memory serves again that was to be done with 4.3 before updating to 4.4 so in theory you should be able to update to the latest version anyways.

Comment

I remember a few years ago i did run script and change from TLS to DH to get it work. But later, when i want to update to later version, i have heard that 4.4 was last version where you could run script and change, and that all later (dci) versions had TLS II by default and only that. Just saying i heard.......but as folks here and dolby guys told me, that is not correct.

Comment

From the manual

linkencrypt.sh { OFF | CINELINK | DH | TLS }: Sets the Media Block link encryption mode. This script eliminates the need to use the Media Block USB setup application to adjust this mode during the installation process. The default system setting is CINELINK II - DH (Diffie-Hellman), which is compatible with all Texas Instruments™ DLP Cinema® Series 1 projectors. Series 2 projectors require CINELINK II - TLS (Transport Layer Security) for DCI compliance. Some (but not all) Series 1 projectors support CINELINK II - TLS
                      Yes, on 4.4+ you won't be able to revert to Cinelink anymore but since you are on 4.4 already, you should be on TLS already.
                      To clarify, 4.4 does not remove the ability to use that script: when you install 4.4, the encryption is set to TLS. That is why it was advised to test the encryption by using the above script BEFORE updating to 4.4. It was the easiest way to make sure the projector was ok with the newest version. If it didn't work, you could revert back. Once updated to 4.4, there was no way to go back to cinelink.

So, again, since you're on 4.4, I assume you're already on TLS.

You can check the current encryption under the 862 section of Theatre Devices. If it says TLS (as it should), you can upgrade to the latest software.

4.5 is not the best version to be honest.

Comment

Hmmm, I am confused a bit now! It was few years ago, we got that server and encryption was set to TLS 2, since it did not work i run the script and reverted it to čine lik DH
                        ​​​​​​.....version was 4.4......everything was ok since few months untill both hdd died and now need reinstall. Dolby send that 4.5 version and also tells me that i can revert to DH anytime and also that i can revert with latest version of dss software if i install it....

Comment

For the record, CINELINK (Cinelink 1) is supported to this day. Cinelink DH (Deffie Hellman) is not supported in Dolby 4.4 and beyond.

You do NOT want to be on Dolby 4.5 or any version of 4.5 That was an ugly version to get the CAT745 running in some form. If you want to to run on your current version of CAT862 firmware, then 4.4.2 (10) is your best bet. Otherwise, plan on moving up to something more current.

Comment

Yea, 4.4.2(10) was on this. Anyway will try to install it and check will it work and does it have any problems with cat 862 and than i can think to update to something more realiable.

Comment

4.4.2 is better than 4.5 as Steve said - and sorry for the confusion about the cinelink it’s as Steve says of course. Bottom line if you’re on 4.4 you can upgrade to latest version NP.

in fact latest version would prevent the WSOD (white screen of death) on the 862

Comment

Working...
                              X