Christie Solaria One - communication issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christie Solaria One - communication issues

This is part two of my problems with a Solaria One/IMB-S2.
    OK, the IMB-thing was not responding in any way. Only some yellow LED:s were blinking. It was dead, may DCI have mercy on its soul.

But I didn´t check if the projector was actually communicating, I just noticed that the PIB Eth was blinking and that all network ports on the IMS were not)

- Upgraded the projector part to 4.8 x x (USB in TP)
    - Configured IP for my DSS200
    - Pulled the card contraption. Took it apart and put the PIB back in.
    - Insterted Cat745 (tested in CP2210 the day before with the same DSS200)
    - Connected the DSS200
    - Selected Dolby as IMB
    - "IMB no communication" but everything else indicated green.
    - DSS200 Disconnected - Error securing connection to media block
    - ICP online, test patterns and lamp working as supposed.
    - The ethernet port on the PIB was blinking but not reponding

Tried different configurations, changed IP several times, cold reboot, pulled and reseated cards, measured all voltages (all 12 & 24V good under load), pulled and reseated every connector inside.
    At this point I considered giving up and head back home. Then one last try giving the f*****g thing a forced upgrade from the TP (same version)

- First I could see the TP doing some vintage Windows stuff.
    - TP did a soft reboot.
    - Back up and running it started looking for the IMB
    - IMB still no communication. Eth on PIB still not reachable.
    - Then suddenly the whole projector did a hard reboot by itself. No upgrade activity visible on the TP before that.
    - Back up again my laptop could reach the projector in the normal way.
    - TP now yelled about a broken marriage.
    - Marriage could be performed (but the marriage button LED was dead)
    - DSS200 greeted me with "Please select a show for playback"
    - Tadaa

This could be repeated (I pulled Cat745 once to double check the s/n before requesting new KDM:s). If it was the complete shutdown or the broken marriage that triggered this error I do not know. Once it was up and running again I was not in the mood for more experiments. It was late the day before Christmas, a five hour drive back home and a snow storm coming up.

- Just leave the d**n thing on!

I pulled the logs and will contact Christie support after the holidays.
    The IMB-S2 might not be dead after all? Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

/M.E.

Have you done 2 full reboot removing powet after 4.8.1 update? If you've done a single reboot, it's normal that the projector does not behave correctly.

A Christie IMB is broken (more precisely, has lost certificates) if FIPS led remains red on the board after boot.
    The imb-s2 uses the backplane lan connection with the internal router, front ports are only for nas and ingest sources.

The dss was properly set with config script? (IPs, projector series...)

Comment

A Christie tells you if it wants one or two hard reboots after an update as I remember, Nevertheless, it got like 15 hard reboots during the time I was there.
      I really can´t remember any red LED:s. The more I think about it, this IMB-S2 likely has its certificates intact, and the initial problem was the internal router of the projector. The strange half way forced upgrade somehow fixes the router and may very well make the IMB-S2 work again. But who wants an IMB-S2 back? It will lose the certificates anyhow in a near future.
      Yes, the DSS was properly set. I tested it with a CP2210 with no issues the day before and used the same IP settings in the Solaria One.

/M.E.

Comment

Working...
      X