Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Cloutier
    replied
    A little off eh? It is possible that this clock was never actually set. They weren't set in production.

By the way, that unit was manufactured in June of 2012 and the last JNIOR3 in 2014. The serial number is date coded. Not all of our stuff follows the same serial number structure. Also, the older OS versions kept the www folder in battery backed SRAM. So if the battery is dead and you remove power, you would lose the web pages (applet). The All-In-One update to the latest (v4.8) actually removes the applets. The issue is that the Java applets that the JNIOR3 uses are no longer supported by browsers. You can't open them. If you open the web pages through a right-click in the support tool, a local copy of the applets should open.

The JNIOR4 clocks were originally set in production but only to the local PCs used in programming. Those did not have Internet access. Since we have been building them in-house the new JNIORs hit an NTP server. Those clocks drift some though. Most rely on NTP once installed. Your clock should fix itself if you give the unit access to the Internet or define a local NTP server. You can also set the clock to match your PC using the Support Tool. It is really only used in default for logging. Of course if you use a scheduler then you had best insure that the clock is synchronized with NTP.

The JNIOR 4 uses dynamic HTML for the web pages and they are so much more capable. The JNIOR4 can serve an entire website directly out of a ZIP library. The site doesn't have to be in a ZIP but it is an awesome way to not have to install the web pages (expand them into folders) or worry about getting file versions out of sync. Just put the ZIP there. The site is in the /flash/www.zip file which is just a ZIP you can download and access the content.

JARs and ZIPs are the same by the way. All of the site code is in that "www.zip" library and none of it is obfuscated. It is not bloated with comments though. You can build any site you want. You move the configuration pages to a subfolder very easily. Rename "www.zip" to "config.zip" for example. Move it to the /flash/www folder and you then would use the URL [IPAddress]/config to open those pages. The ZIP name creates a virtual subfolder. Then you can put your own index.html or index.php in the /flash/www folder to create your own site. You can also create public pages not requiring a login. The JNIOR at honeypot.integpg.com for example does something different. It lives successfully on the open Internet.

The JNIOR4 is so much more fun but I would update your JNIOR3 before working with it (dead battery or otherwise).
    Last edited by Bruce Cloutier; 03-31-2020, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carsten Kurz
    replied

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-31 um 01.33.19.png

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Cloutier
    replied
    Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
    I just opened my 'spare' 312, probably late 2012 manufacturing date (we received it in spring 2013). It never was in daily operation, being my toy, so, it wasn't powered up over longer periods of time. The cell still measures 2.3 volts between cell terminals. I guess that would still keep the clock running? I noticed it won't be too complicated to clip and wiggle the leads off and replace it.
    All of your configuration is stored in Flash both internal to the processor and external. The battery would maintain the clock which after that long of a period of time should be way off anyway (especially JNIOR3). The battery would also maintain the log files. Losing those through power removal isn't a big deal. Um, in JNIOR3 if you've changed the user credentials they are likely reset with a low battery. 2.3 volts isn't dead but close to minimum. Hardly anyone alters the credentials.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    My guess is that the symptom of a DSP with a bad certificate would be "Error securing connection between show player and projector" in the transport tab. Can't remember if there is a certificate good entry in the DSP100's tab in Show Manager > System Devices, or visible in one of the menus in the DSP100's built-in display. There is in Show Manager for the 862 and 745.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Kraus
    replied
    I have a DSS100/DSP100 which I bought several years ago as a backup to my DSS200. It ran successfully in tests including with homemade encrypted content. One day the DSS100 would not start and in the end it was a failed coin battery on the MB. Though I blanked all the drives including the SSD and tested all components including the optical drive I failed to get the system to reload. Something is wacked wth the BIOS settings, I believe. I finally gave up and put it aside. It was the subject of a thread on FT and I should probably should start a new thread to finally resolve this. Not my intent to rehash it here.

Anyway, the point of bringing this up here that the DSP100 has not been powered up in a long time. So I powered it recently to see what would happen. It started okay and got to the expected point where it is searching for the DSS100 (not connected nor powered).

My specific question is whether that is a good sign that the media block has not lost its certificate? If it had would the error come up before the "searching for DSS100" message or is there no way to be sure until I get the DSS running? Has anyone experienced one with a lost cert and recalled where the error appears? Perhaps it only comes up when one tries to play encrypted content.

Leave a comment:

• Carsten Kurz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Cloutier View Post

The shelf life on those cells were originally quoted at 10 years. We have found them dead (in JNIORs) in just over 6 years. The JNIOR relies on the battery only when it was was powered off. A unit that was always powered should have seen the maximum life out of the cell.
    I just opened my 'spare' 312, probably late 2012 manufacturing date (we received it in spring 2013). It never was in daily operation, being my toy, so, it wasn't powered up over longer periods of time. The cell still measures 2.3 volts between cell terminals. I guess that would still keep the clock running? I noticed it won't be too complicated to clip and wiggle the leads off and replace it.

- Carsten

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Here is an updated version of the listing, with general information at the start. The idea is a "one and done" document that can be used either to answer queries from end users, and/or for techs' reference. Comments, suggestions, additions and corrections welcome. Sorry it took me so long.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sean McKinnon
    replied
    is Qube still a thing? I have never actually ran into one?

Leave a comment:

• Carsten Kurz
    replied
    And... Qube:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Steve Guttag
    replied
    They keep the IMB partially powered. That is why an IMS will go into standby when the projector does and why NEC keeps the "AC ON" fan running 24/7 (blows air across the card cage.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Kraus
    replied
    On NEC, what actually is powered when on standby? Just the ethernet router, LCD and buttons?

Leave a comment:

• Carsten Kurz
    replied
    NEC recommendations:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carsten Kurz
    replied
    Great. I can add some Sony info.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    That would be a question for Dolby, I guess. Their official position is that the DSP100 is no longer supported.

An updated version of the table will follow shortly, adding the Christie and GDC information from Carsten, NEC information from a circular email we received, and some requested amendments to the Dolby information from Dolby. I don't have any Sony info as yet - sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Buck Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
    I once had a DSP100 that its owner claimed had been unpowered for nearly two years, that we needed to use in an emergency after the flash boot drive on the Doremi DCP2K4 that had replaced it failed. The certificate was still OK.
    Are these at all usable if they've lost their charge? I've got 2 in storage since 2013 and while I'm sure I probably couldn't, is it at all POSSIBLE to re-certify or whatever once dead?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X