No announcement yet.

Keeping the equipment going during a shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice from Cinionic for Barco projectors.

I will incorporate all of this into an updated version of the table soon - probably going to give it until the end of today, in case other manufacturers come up with info sheets.

Originally posted by Steve Guttag
    Conversely, I've had CAT862s off for over a year and without incident.
    I once had a DSP100 that its owner claimed had been unpowered for nearly two years, that we needed to use in an emergency after the flash boot drive on the Doremi DCP2K4 that had replaced it failed. The certificate was still OK.

Comment

And GDC...

Leo - the Dolby document I linked to above quotes up to 3 years cert retention for the DSP100 battery. So, quite possible.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is an updated version of the table, with corrections and additions based on posts and links that have appeared since the last one.

media_block_battery_info_v2.pdf

Comment

Thanks Leo. Good stuff - especially on the CAT745 battery upgrade!

Comment

And...Christie:

* Christie IMB-S2 Security FIPS tamper management technical bulletin<https://info.christiedigital.com/ct/...eef728bb6391b4>

* (For all exhibitors using a Christie IMB-S2 in their projector)

* Christie PCM battery technical bulletin<https://info.christiedigital.com/ct/...eef728bb6391b4>

* (For all exhibitors using a Series 1 projector)

* Christie ICP battery replacement technical bulletin<https://info.christiedigital.com/ct/...eef728bb6391b4>

* (To be performed every 5 years for all exhibitors using a Solaria Series 2 projector)

* Christie PIB battery replacement technical bulletin<https://info.christiedigital.com/ct/...eef728bb6391b4>

* (To be performed every 5 years for all exhibitors using a Solaria Series 2 projector)

* Christie TPC battery replacement technical bulletin<https://info.christiedigital.com/ct/...eef728bb6391b4>

* What to do while your theatre operations are temporarily suspended? – Recommendations by Christie<https://info.christiedigital.com/ct/...eef728bb6391b4>

Comment

You may get this in an email but here's the official QSC statement on processors and amplifiers. Nothing too out of the ordinary unless you are using BASIS for processing.

As many cinemas consider temporary closings, it’s important remember some basic guidelines when powering down equipment racks that contain power amplifiers and sensitive electronics. While QSC products are known for providing many years of reliable service, it’s good practice to follow these recommendations:
              • In general, all amplifiers should be powered down first before any processor is powered down.
              • Q-SYS Cores can be powered down without any specific procedure. They will re-boot and the design will restart automatically when power is restored.
              • Q-SYS amplifiers should be shut down before the Core is powered down. When re-starting, amplifiers should be powered on after the Core processor is running.
              • If you are using legacy QSC Basis series processors, they should not be shut down at all. They need power to maintain backup information, since their batteries may be depleted, especially if they are many years old. If Basis units are powered down, they may not be useable when the power is reapplied.

Please also pass this on to onsite cinema technical staffs, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need support.
              Thanks you for continuing to be a valued QSC Cinema partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
                I once had a DSP100 that its owner claimed had been unpowered for nearly two years, that we needed to use in an emergency after the flash boot drive on the Doremi DCP2K4 that had replaced it failed. The certificate was still OK.
                Are these at all usable if they've lost their charge? I've got 2 in storage since 2013 and while I'm sure I probably couldn't, is it at all POSSIBLE to re-certify or whatever once dead?

Comment

That would be a question for Dolby, I guess. Their official position is that the DSP100 is no longer supported.

An updated version of the table will follow shortly, adding the Christie and GDC information from Carsten, NEC information from a circular email we received, and some requested amendments to the Dolby information from Dolby. I don't have any Sony info as yet - sorry.

Comment

Great. I can add some Sony info.

Comment

NEC recommendations:
                      Attached Files

Comment

On NEC, what actually is powered when on standby? Just the ethernet router, LCD and buttons?

Comment

They keep the IMB partially powered. That is why an IMS will go into standby when the projector does and why NEC keeps the "AC ON" fan running 24/7 (blows air across the card cage.

Comment

And... Qube:
                            Attached Files

Comment

is Qube still a thing? I have never actually ran into one?

Comment

Here is an updated version of the listing, with general information at the start. The idea is a "one and done" document that can be used either to answer queries from end users, and/or for techs' reference. Comments, suggestions, additions and corrections welcome. Sorry it took me so long.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X