Recomendations requested for service tech in Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations requested for service tech in Upstate NY

If this is in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies. I am looking for a service tech to specifically troubleshoot and offer repair solutions to one of the auditoriums at my theatre. We currently are using
    CP750s with QSC amps. As mentioned I am in Upstate NY. If you know of a qualified service and are able to pass this information on, please email me at booth(at)pymoviesdotcom. Apparently the firm that not only installed both all of my 35mm and digital conversion as well everything in the auditoriums no longer will give the courtesy of even a call saying they are swamped...if that is truly the case.
    Thank you in advance
    Lance

Not even giving you a callback is not good; sorry. But I suspect you're right in guessing that they're swamped. I am now solidly booked until January 4, and other techs I know report a similar story. I suspect that a significant proportion of the movie theater tech workforce (which was never a big one to begin with) took early retirement or moved into other lines of work during the covid shutdown.

One of my co-workers in the office maintains a list of contacts for service vendors in other regions of the country, to whom we can refer customers who bought equipment from us, but who are located such that us going out to them to do routine service work would not be cost effective (due to very high travel expenses). If you don't get any other suggestions in this thread, please feel free to PM me and I'll see if we know of anyone in upstate NY.

Comment

I would expect a company that has had bulb sales and yearly service should be able to get some one out but right now up here we have yet to have a day off

Comment

Working...
      X