Pca software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pca software

I bought a new laptop win 10 pro and the64 bit PCA software crashes during install saying a support program is either missing or incompatable also the ocean optic drivers will not install. The latest Java release is installed any ideas or is there a updated version since 0321?

Are you on the latest Wind Blows 10 build?

Comment

yes it is the latest

Comment

Well got the software to finally instal but the program crashes as soon as it opens

Comment

Hey Gordon. The PCA was a real pill to support back when I had to occasionally. If I recall there were both 32bit and 64bit installers, and each was unique to the SN of the unit in order for the right calibration files to load. You needed to disable driver signing in Windows to get the installers to complete and sometimes manually load the firmware through device manager. Perhaps you're coming from an old Windows OS on 32bit and brought that installer with you to the new 64bit domain. In any case, try to reach out to QSC support and specifically ask for someone versed in PCA firmware install, there's at least one person there who still knows the drill. Or maybe there's an a benevolent Harold lurking in these very forums that can be of assistance.

Comment

Jay, you've had more PCA experience than I have. I remember Rick sitting at his desk outside my office creating custom installation disks to combine the code and the calibration files. We were looking at a redesign of the product hand were playing around with a new spectrometer. But other stuff had higher priority, so that project got dropped. So, as Jay suggests, a good job for QSC support!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X