No announcement yet.

Barco 32B Focus issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Barco is suggesting that it could possibly be a prism that is staring to separate, which would change the focal length and focus. So in essence, my lens is not coming out of Scheimpflug, I’m just adjusting it every few weeks for the change in the prism.

Dont know if anyone has ever seen this before.

Comment

I'd start to suspect the lens itself. If any of the elements are loose, you'll get a non-uniform focus and it would be affected by heat cycles and/or vibrations.

Comment

I happened to have a spare lens that was never used, I put it in about a week before I put in the stabilizer.

Comment

Barco told me to look in and see if I see blotchy yellow around the edges which would indicate separation. I don’t see anything that looks that way.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Did you put it in after the stabilizer?

Comment

Interesting about the prism separation.
              can you still manually focus the corners one by one - ie not all at the same time but can you still manage to focus individually?

Comment

I'm trying to imagine how a separated prism would impact the final picture. If it comes loose at an angle, then I can understand how you essentially are introducing some tilt-shift into your optical system, which could explain an uneven focus. I guess it will even impact the colors on-screen to some extend.

Comment

Working...
                X