TROUBLE with BARCO ICMP BLUE LIGHTENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROUBLE with BARCO ICMP BLUE LIGHTENING

Barco series one ICMP...The server has some sort of hardware problem. COLOUR BARS and OTHER TESTS LOOK GREAT. Interior Self tests reports don't reveal any errors. Content can be loaded and played. (maybe a bit slow) But playing back any film content on screen is marred by large blue rectangles (screen edge to edge) and at other times lighting flashes of BLUE LIGHT on the full screen. Timing and location of flashes is irregular. IT IS NOT THE CONTENT. Today we upgraded the software but the problem continues.

Upon professional advice, I will conduct one final test using a DVD/BluRay player input to determine where the problem is. If this fails, I'm going back to my trusted Dolby DSS200.

Advise or abuse is welcome.

I can give you a ton of abuse if you want.

If the HDMI input on the ICMP is clean, then I guess the problem is on the ICMP itself.

If test patterns on the projector itself look OK and the problem is also present on the HDMI inputs on the ICMP, then the problem may be between the backplane and the ICMP. In that case, you should try to re-seat the ICMP, if you've not done so already. Please notice: this will break marriage.

Comment

Test pattern in an ICMP system are generated in the ICMP (the ICP portion of it), There is really the server and the ICP portions. If the test patterns are clean (try framing, solid colors and grey sweeps)...if they are all are clean, it is very unlikely to be a formatter or signal backplane. But pay close attenttion to those test patterns, they may look clean from the booth but up close they may show the artifacts but in a slightly different way.

Comment

I will re-seat the ICMP and hope for the best. Thanks Steve but these FLASHES are not small "artifacts" they could 20-30% of the screen and blot out the picture sometimes.

Comment

Don't know wether it would show the way you experience it, but there is an explicit service technote that the ICMP board contacts should be cleaned once a year. If you don't have that note, I could email it to you. If you reseat the ICMP, it would probably be a good idea to clean the contacts with it. That said, our ICMP went fine for almost 5 years without the board connector being cleaned. I did it recently when I changed the battery, but we never had issues. Since you mention it being a first generation ICMP - how old is your unit, has the battery ever been changed?

Comment

I have not read the Notice but was told today about it. System plays fine from DVD / BluRay

Comment

Again, how old ist that ICMP, and has the battery ever been changed?

Comment

Working...
              X