No announcement yet.

Dam those soda spills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wall issue is easy. Just make a U in the end that brings the liquid back under the seat at the end of each row and creates a little holding pond. Something like a hook shape. The liquid that runs to that end will flow a bit further forward and be trapped inside of the U. Since the holding pond is under the next row of seats, it's out of sight and won't be tripped over.

Comment

Yeah, something like a more or less organically shaped U form under the last seat in the row would probably do the trick. Putting in sleek curves would be more something for the advanced woodworker though, I guess I'd stick with a U with straight angles.

Comment

I know of one theater where the spills are effectively dammed at each row on the sloped floors... The Gentry Cinema. It has a 2x6 or maybe 2x8 board underneath the seats on each row. I believe they caulked or otherwise sealed to keep the soda from getting under the dam. I think their reason was to have something better to secure the seats to. I'm sure it helps control spills as well. The "dams" are visible underneath the front row and at the ends of each row. The floors are wood there, so it's not too hard to attach the boards.

https://www.facebook.com/thegentryci...type=3&theater

76706867_1695959690539331_6852585029021728768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=9lrx8vrwtVoAX-CPuKQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-2.fna&oh=f538916d316c9fd1e18fbe863af3aa91&oe=5F59ACE0.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X