Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doremi Accesslink (Hearing Impaired?)

Hello,

I am researching a topic that I could only find in this old version of the Film-Tech Forum (I believe it is the same subject I am researching):

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t001764.html

I have a friend who owns a theatre chain that uses old Doremi hearing-impaired devices. The system requires an Android tablet that uses a DOREMI app to program the devices as they are given to customers. He has run into a problem in that this equipment isn't supported anymore and he has had the Android tablets die at a few locations and cannot order them.

Does anyone have the .APK file that is needed to put on the Android tablet?

Does anyone on here know what I am talking about? Just trying to help someone out. If anyone would point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think that is for programming Fidelio HI/VI receivers. Access Link provides a link between the Fidelio and CaptiView transmitters for non-Dolby/Doremi servers (those that use SMPTE 430-10). I'm finding Access Link on the Dolby site, but not Fidelio.

Comment

The fidelio and captiview line can be got on ebay these days, but have not noticed a programming tablet for access link.

Captiview does require the license on the server (or at least on doremi)

I think both captiview and fidelio are on their way out as dolby has a new phone sized android solution for both now.

Comment

The tablet is for telling the Fidelio headsets what auditorium they're in (within a multiplex) and whether they are to play the HI or the VI track. The tablet is the same, regardless as to whether your headset is receiving from a Fidelio/Captiview USB dongle plugged directly into a DolReMi server, or into a third party server via the AccessLink intermediary box.

I had one go bad a few weeks ago, too - it freezes on the boot splash screen. Dolby told me that it could not be repaired and that replacements are no longer available. They are now only selling their new system (consisting of a server for each auditorium, a wifi router/access point, and a small tablet that both displays CCAPs and pipes HI or VI to a headset that is plugged in to it). Alternatively, there is ours.

As Ryan notes, you do need a DLM to use CaptiView with a DolReMi server, but those files are available for free: Dolby do not charge for them (or at least if they now do, this is a recent development). On all the IMS2000s and 3000s I've installed, the license was pre-installed at the factory.

Comment

Working...
        X