Deluxe To Stop Packing Info/Ingest Letters With DCP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe To Stop Packing Info/Ingest Letters With DCP's

In case y'all haven't seen this yet- The following info was received today from Deluxe/Technicolor®

"Dear Exhibitor-
    Over the next month Deluxe will be changing the way we send out Projectionists(Ingest) Letters. We will no longer
    be including a paper copy in the hard drive shipments. Instead, we will be emailing you a PDF copy. The format of
    the letters themselves will not be changing. The projectionist letter along with hard drive tracking information will be
    include in the email that we will deliver to your KDM email address we have on file. You read that correctly, the body
    of the email will have title information as well as shipping and tracking details. Please note this change only applies
    to hard drive shipments. As a reminder, all Projection letters, shipment tracking, and keys are available to download
    at Deluxe’ s Content and Key Manager (CKM) site." <slightly truncated to remove excess information>

DeluxeLogo.jpg

This is actually a pretty good idea. Some of my co-workers just leave those papers all over the booth anyway And
    just this week, I even got one DCP delivered that had an ingest letter for totally different content than what was on
    the DCP. (. . and if we save enough trees, we can start making celluloid again)
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 04-21-2023, 06:15 PM. Reason: Cat Sat On Keyboard

Other than credit time, what use were those letters? Waste of paper.

Comment

Plus you don’t even need those credit times. There are markers built into the DCP at the beginning of the credits and the start of the “crawl.”

I haven’t looked at one of those ingest letters in a long time.

Comment

Which only mean something if you have a TMS looking for where to place the credit cue. Unless I missed something, are any of the screen servers able to map that credit cue based on the CPL? It would have to be told what the credit cue is.

Comment

On the GDC server (at least) you can click the bookmark icon to the right of the box where you enter the offset you want and it will show you the FFEC and whatnot. Click on the one you want and it fills in the time. Select the cue you want and hit insert.

Saves having to look up and enter the time into that box.

Comment

I discovered that by accident when we still had our SX3000 server - there’s a button called “Markers” that lists the four markers. The useful ones are FFEC (the very first credits) and FFMC (beginning of crawl). I usually overwrite with a couple of seconds delay so the lights don’t just come up instantly when the credits start.

I wish they’d add another name for those few films that have multiple mid-credit scenes. More and more, they are kind of important to the overall story so I like to have the lights down for them.

Comment

My Kelmar light switch does a very gradual crawl when turning the lights up and down. I've never timed it but I'd say it takes about seven or eight seconds to go from low to medium and another five seconds to go from medium to high.

If they power has been off they come up right-now-full-blast. Otherwise you just get this gradual crawl.

Which is really nice.

Comment

Our lights probably take 2.5 seconds to come up to "mid" brightness which is what we use for exiting. I like it to stay fully dark for the first three or four seconds of the credits. That gives the audience time to think, "OK, time to go" and they start gathering their stuff. Then the lights come up. I expect your 7-8 second shift does the same thing.

On the other hand if the ceiling lights come on immediately, while they're still "in" the movie, it just makes them think "they want us out of here."

I may have over thought that but it's the way it's always felt to me.

Comment

Working...
                X