AMC charging $1 more for The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyle Romer View Post
    Next time I'm in Montana, I'll have to stop by your estate. Maybe I can hop on your private jet for a quick trip somewhere. Somehow that's the picture of movie theatre owners that people have.
    Not just theatre owners, all business owners.

I have a friend who used to run a business who was sued by former employees (that she thought were her friends) when she had to close her business.

When the books were examined in court, their reaction was "How did you survive for so long on such small margins?"

That's about the size of it; people expect all business owners to be Rich Uncle Pennybags.

5182584-monopolyman275.jpg
    80E5C63F-34A9-45B1-AAEA-93C91E37BC13.jpeg
    EA758B35-8ED8-4524-9EED-95B4C0EB42FC.jpeg
    Last edited by William Kucharski; 03-09-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Those Cinemascope ads are great!

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Kurz View Post
        Maybe they charge more for Batman because they have to pull up light levels and thus use more expensive energy with that dark and dull flic...
        Or change the gamma curve

Comment

I should charge the theater $1 more to project it. Actually, I think I'm one of the few people loosing
          money this week, because THE BATMAN has taken over a couple of the auditoriums where I'd
          usually be running 35 and 70mm stuff, so I have considerably less to do, with no film inspections
          or shipping cans & out or running change-overs to keep me busy On the other hand, it is giving
          me a chance to take care of a temperamental change-over shutter, check lamphouse alignment
          and do a few other bits of projector PM that I haven't had a chance to do for a while. But even
          with that, I'm still a few hours short of my usual work week hours. Fortunately, i don't live
          paycheck-to-paycheck, so it's not going to really have any immediate effect on my lifestyle.

Comment

I think this attitude comes from the fact that they can watch the same movie at home for a much lower price and they don't comprehend that they are paying for the presentation and experience, not just the picture and sound appearing in front of them
            Yeah... I used to have a litany of numbers I would give people who complained about movie ticket prices. I would say something like "You're sitting in a $200 chair, looking at a $2000 screen, and watching the movie shown on a $60,000 projector and hearing it on a $35,000 sound system. You're eating popcorn made with a $10,000 machine and you're watching a film that cost 150 million dollars to make, so how can you be upset about a $7 ticket price??" They would usually go "Well, when you put it THAT way...."

If they still argued with me I was always ready to go into insurance, payroll, mortgage and taxes, but I never had to.

Comment

I don't think I have ever had anyone complain about the ticket prices here. I occasionally get people asking me how I can afford to stay in business selling stuff at the prices that I do but I don't remember a single person saying that the prices were too high. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
                I don't think I have ever had anyone complain about the ticket prices here. I occasionally get people asking me how I can afford to stay in business selling stuff at the prices that I do but I don't remember a single person saying that the prices were too high. Ever.
                That probably means you aren't charging enough! :-)

Comment

Working...
                X