Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of vaccination to be required for entry to LA movie theaters

Here.

The Los Angeles City Council voted to direct the city attorney to draft an ordinance requiring patrons to have at least one dose of the vaccine to be able to enter the indoor public spaces.

The motion, which was introduced by Council President Nury Martinez and Councilman Mitch O’Farrell last week, applies to restaurants, bars, retail establishments, fitness centers, spas, and entertainment centers like stadiums, concert venues and movie theaters.

It’s still unclear what the law will look like, and how it will be enforced.
    Presumably theater employees will be required to do the enforcing: if so, I suspect that, sadly, they will find themselves on the receiving end of a lot of abuse, both from unhappy customers and city officials.

Thought this justified a separate thread, because it's about a specific operational requirement for theaters that could spread to further jurisdictions, rather than just covid issues in general.

This is what we already have in Germany - the so called "3G rule" (Getestet Genesen Geimpft - means Tested, Vaccinated or recovered).

We are by law only allowed to permit entry for people who can show a document that can proove that they are fully vaccinated OR recovered or they can provide a negative covid-19 test that is not older than 24 hours.

Masks are mandatory unless you are seated. Social distancing is provided via the POS software.

Contact information has to be provided by the guest, if their tickets were booked online their data is being collected there and stored for 24 hours. If tickets are bought on-site customer needs to check-in via LUCA apo or fill out a paperform.

It's not a lot of fun but to my big surprise people don't care too much.

For openair screening no Proof of test/vacc/recovery is needed at the moment.

Everything I mentioned refers to Berlin, Germany.

Comment

San Francisco is about to take a giant step backwards and implement the same re-masking and vax-proof requirements as Los Angeles, starting next week. It's unclear how this will be enforced, but most of the small business owners I heard clips of of on the radio this morning are apprehensive about negative effects this is going to have on their establishments.

Comment

I'm wondering if PDF scans of one's vaccination card will be accepted. Since the CDC card doesn't fit normal wallets and the like, I scanned mine, early on and carry the scanned version, folded for wallet fitting. Wheras the original does not have any authenticity seal or other proof that it is the real-deal, I don't personally see what the difference is but who knows what some legislator thinks or, more importantly, what some business will interpret the proof of vaccination to really mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sascha Roll
          It's not a lot of fun but to my big surprise people don't care too much.
          I can only opine anecdotally, but that's not been my impression of what is happening here (Southern California). The manager of an 11-plex I service told me that after the mask requirement was reintroduced, ticket sales dropped by about 60% that weekend, compared to the previous one. I've also noticed movie theater parking lots emptier than they were as I drive past them.

Like Steve, I have a photocopy of my vax card in my wallet, simply because I don't want to risk losing the original. I have not been asked for proof of vaccination for anything as yet. Agreed that what form and standard the proof being asked for will take appears to be a gray area, and unless very clear rules are devised, this will likely be the cause of serious disputes (and possibly even violent ones, as have happened on airplanes over the mask requirement) in retail and service businesses, and abuse by incompetent and/or crooked government officials.

All it would take is for a regular moviegoer to be turned away because the guy selling the ticket won't accept a photocopied vax card, or wrongly suspects it to be phony, etc., and they will not be coming back to a theater for years, if ever. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands...

Comment

https://canoe.com/news/local-news/th...b-86c279054560

Multiple sources have confirmed to the Presse Canadienne that individuals have made attempts — usually by approaching health care personnel — to fraudulently procure a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.

Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé recently announced that beginning in September, a vaccine passport will be required to access certain non-essential services and participate in various public events.

One health-care worker who wished to remain anonymous told the Presse Canadienne that a man recently entered an east-end vaccination centre and asked to use a private booth used by those concerned they may be weakened when receiving their shot. Once inside, the man produced a bag containing hundreds of dollars in cash and offered it to the attending nurse in exchange for her throwing the vaccine dose in the garbage and issuing him a vaccination certificate.

The nurse refused, security was called and the man fled the centre.

The health ministry confirmed it is aware of such incidents but it is impossible for the government to gauge the scale of the problem.

“Thus far,” said the ministry in an email, “we have received no indication from our partners in (the public security ministry) of the involvement of any employee in the health network.”

Asked if that meant some employees were under suspicion and whether investigations had been launched, the ministry referred the Presse Canadienne to health authorities governing western and eastern Montreal.

Carl Thériault, spokeperson for the CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal, confirmed that “there had recently been an attempt at corruption at one of our vaccination sites,” but refused to provide details, to avoid disrupting the police investigation.

A spokesperson for the CIUSSS de l’Est-de-l’Île-de-Montréal confirmed there recently had been “a few” attempts at fraud at its vaccination sites, adding that employees were “aware of the issue and are very vigilant.”

Employees have been informed that the ministry can detect when an unauthorized vaccine certificate has been issued, even outside work hours or away from a vaccination centre, and that employees could face sanctions including dismissal if they are caught.

The health ministry says there is “tight control of access” to the system to prevent the fraudulent or inappropriate issuance of a vaccine certificate, and that since the start of the vaccination campaign, health care workers have been made aware of measures to prevent fraud and/or corruption.

Comment

Boise police arrested a man in Costco who was not wearing a mask.Now he wants $ 4.5 million

A Boise man is seeking $ 4.5 million in compensation after a Boise police officer arrested him for refusing to wear a mask inside a Costco store.

According to a tort allegation filed with the city, Peter Hahn, 51, said police arrested him in December after refusing to wear a mask at 2051 S. Cole Road in Costco. .. Mr. Hahn said he had a 10-minute discussion with a clerk begging him to wear a mask inside the store.

“(Hahn) informed them that they had illegally harassed him, trapped him, assaulted him, imprisoned him, arrested him, abused him, and violated him,” the tort claim said.

Ultimately, employees were forced to shop in stores without masks before contacting police, alleged tort. Police arrived and arrested Hahn. Hahn noticed that other shoppers were cheering when the police took him away.

Mayor Lauren McLean issued Maskman Dates for all indoor and outdoor spaces in July 2020.She finally The requirement was lifted in May, Quote a decrease in cases.

Eight months later, Hahn wrote that the incident continued to affect his emotional and financial well-being.

“The stress and pressure of intimidation and coercion made Peter physically ill, unable to sleep at night, and made him more unhealthy and frightening than ever in his life,” said the tort claim.

Some of Hahn’s misconduct has been that police officers have kidnapped him and deprived him of his rights.

On allegations of tort, Hahn is seeking $ 500,000 in compensation from several Boise police officers, Ada County Sheriff’s agent, Boise city lawyer James Sullivan, and assistant city lawyer Laura Keys. Said.

This was not the first time Hahn faced a legal issue in his view of Mask. In November, he was arrested for organizing a group of people planning to enter a local business without a mask, contrary to local health orders. According to Idaho Press..

The allegations of tort are not proceedings, but they notify government agencies of allegations of fraud. State law in Idaho requires plaintiffs to claim tort before suing the agency for violating state law. The agency has 90 days to notify the claimant whether to accept or reject the claim. If the claim is dismissed, the claimant can file a proceeding.

The mayor’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Thursday.

Hahn declined to comment when he was contacted by phone on Thursday. A politician’s request for a Boise police account in the case is still pending.
              Source: https://securykid.com/boise-police-a...s-4-5-million/

Comment

If required to, we will make adjustments to keep our staff, customers and community safe but there is no way I am going to require people to have a vaccination to come into a place I own.
                We never required masks and don't plan on it.

Comment

If required to, we will make adjustments to keep our staff, customers and community safe
                  If vaccinations and masks are off the table, I'm curious to know what sorts of adjustments you would make to keep them safe?

Last edited by Geoff Jones; 08-13-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Since the vaccination requirement is only for those 12 and up, who can get legally vaccinated, does this mean 11 and under aren't allowed in? This would explain why kids movies are getting dropped from the release schedule.

Comment

Working...
                    X