No announcement yet.

Random videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a video of a song I first discovered on the "Merlin" series BTS videos (Second video in this post) by an Australian artist named John Farnham. I have listened to this song many.many times, and the lyrics, his voice and the production still gives me chills. If you go down the Farnham rabbit hole as I have, there are even videos of him performing this LIVE at age 70 (!) and he STILL has the voice! Watch for the mic stand toss at 3:36 and notices he catches it ON THE BEAT! A few minutes after, he picks it up with a toe kick. Epic.

The lyrics also have a lot of meaning with the way things are today as well.

Here is the clip from "Merlin" where I first heard of the song:

And if you get a "bromance" vibe from this video, you are correct. The series creators originally penned it as a love story between Merlin and Arthur, but the BBC forced them to back down. But Bradley James (Arthur) did metaphorically give the middle finger to the BBC in the finale where at one point he says to Merlin (Colin Morgan) "I love you" which was overdubbed in post with "Thank you". Bradley had said in many interviews that it was totally a romantic love, and in one funny moment when asked "Romance with Gwen or Bromance with Merlin" he, without even a second's hesitation, responded "Bromance with Merlin"
    Last edited by Tony Bandiera Jr; 12-18-2023, 03:11 PM.

Comment

And keeping with the Christmas theme today, here's some cool info about Cousin Eddie's RV in "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation":

Comment

One of our neighbors, just down the street, has an RV parked in their yard.

At Christmas time, they decorate it with lights then they stand a mannequin wearing a white robe and a flap hat next to it, complete with hose in-hand.

About a hundred times a day, people drive by and shout, "Shitter's full!"

Comment

That didn't take long...

Comment

I never really understood how these AI Large Language Models work but this guy gives a very understandable description of what they do and then he describes a very clever way to watermark text.

Watermark text? That sounds like a ridiculous concept on its face but there is a way.

This is the best short lecture I've seen in some time.

Comment

Backhoven?

Comment

A whole orchestra played on a single accordian.

Comment

Does he play in Gus Poinski's polka band too?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7F6BYyWlTc

I love dogs, and I want you guys to watch this vid

Comment

The North American House Hippo:

Comment

Working...
                      X