Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reboot:Let's try a game of online forum Password! READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE PLAYING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot:Let's try a game of online forum Password! READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE PLAYING!

Had to reboot this due to errors in the game and forgetting about the minimum character requirement. Thank you to Paul for pointing it out, and to Marcel and Lyle for starting the game play. And a huge thanks to Brad for taking time out of his busy schedule to nuke the previous thread. So, moving on:

Here is how to play:

Since a full game of Password would be impossible to play except as a live, interactive thread, we will only be guessing as to the final puzzle answer. There will be five total clues given, after which you will be guessing at the final puzzle answer. I will recap previous clues as the game progresses. The object is to guess at what the final Puzzle answer is.

The final puzzle answer can be a person, place, thing, or related to a forum post or topic, and can be more than one word. (hint.)

I have thought of the puzzle answer for round 1. I will give the first clue in this post. You guys respond with "My guess is (insert your guess here)". (This is to comply with the 10 character forum post minimum.)

I will check in daily, and each day post a new clue to the puzzle (and recapping previous clues), with a maximum of five clues total. After the fifth clue and two days have passed, if no one has guessed the puzzle answer, I will give the correct answer and post a new clue to the next puzzle.

All clues must be ONE WORD ONLY.

IF at any point someone guesses the correct answer to the puzzle they win 100 points and they get to start the next round with a clue to a puzzle answer of their own, and get to do up to five clues. PLEASE PUT CLUES IN BOLD, and remember to recap previous clues in each new clue posting. Also try to check in at least every two days (daily is better) so we can keep the game moving. ONLY winners can start a new puzzle, unless:

If no one wins that puzzle started by that winner, then ANYONE can start a new round if they wish. (But only after five clues have been guessed.) The person who starts a new round needs to keep up with it until five clues are done and/or the winning answer is posted. If the thread stalls for more that 4 days I will restart it with a new clue and final puzzle.

Like in Whose Line, the points don't matter (But I will try to keep a tally of who scores the most.) They will win F-T street Cred.

Here's the first clue:

1980's

(Start guessing, remember, answer with "My guess is (WORD(s)!)"

Last edited by Tony Bandiera Jr; 01-20-2024, 12:44 PM.

My guess is boomboxes!

PS: To avoid messing up this thread with junk like this, maybe we should have a second thread where people can discuss and ask stuff like this? :P

Comment

Next clue: Power

1980's, Power

Per Marcel's excellent suggestion, here is a thread for chatting about this game. http://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/f...rs-chat-thread

Comment

My guess is Scorpions (The)!

Comment

My guess is Ronald Reagan!

Comment

My guess is Temptations (The)!

Comment

Next clue: Australia

1980's, power, Australia

Comment

My guess is AC/DC!

Comment

Next clue:

Ballad

Previous clues: 1980's, power, Australia

(Note: I am seeing a good number of views, but NO ONE else is posting. If there is no one else playing soon, I will have these threads deleted.)

Comment

Working...
                  X