No announcement yet.

Who ever knew..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BARCO is actually a major metal building supplier in this country. They have various builders around the USA set up some what like a franchise. If you look at my picture carefully, all the letters are positioned slightly different. Indication that it was all done by hand... Plus I was a distance away and at an angle to the truck. The truck has Utah plates and BARCO is still operating there...

In the following two images they were obviously done with a stencil, because the paint was obviously sprayed on.

BTW BARCO stands for Belgium American Radio Corp....

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

While it is certainly possible that stencils were used, when you look at it on a near pixel scale, each letter is in a slightly different place, one is even angled slightly. Not sure where you come up with the hyphen, because there aren't any. It's actually a very sharp image, just shot trough the window of my vehicle. Hard to say which is older, but I doubt steel supported metal farm buildings were being put up in the 30's. Steel seems to be more post WW-2. I've relatives near Hudsonville, MI that have one of the largest chicken farms in the country. Over 3 million of chicks... All their buildings are wood with the exception of several that were replaced in the mid 70's. It hasn't changed since I was last there around 2010. I also think this post should he retitled "Sign Forensics...

Comment

Working...
      X