Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is reverential ode to the original films and the animated series. If you're a huge fan, you'll probably love it. If not, you might find it to be a two-hour slog without much tension, excitement, or humor.

I saw it yesterday afternoon on the 80-foot-wide Cine1 screen at Harkins Estella Falls while visiting Arizona for my daughter's Irish Dance regional competition. (She took 2nd.)

What a magnificent presentation!

Harkins should build theaters in every city with Cine1 XL screens in every auditorium. The other chains would all shut down and no one ever would want to watch movies at home.

We saw it in August at CinemaCon. I thought it was a pretty good redemption of the series, after the gawd-awful last one (which I never saw, but I've never talked to one person who liked it).

But, I will agree that if you weren't a fan of the first one, this one may not hit home; and I will also agree that it's not as funny as the original. I mean, who could ever top that dialog that probably came directly from Bill Murray or Dan Aykroyd's brains.

We're planning to watch it again here one of these days, so just the fact that I'm looking forward to seeing it again says something in its favor.

Comment

Oof. I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry! If Brad or someone with admin privileges could move this to the review forum, I would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X