Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Now that Deluxe are offering their e-delivery boxes to pretty much anybody who asks for one, and for free, I shudder to think how many CRU cartridges with drives in them are being piled into landfills.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gulbrandsen
    replied
    Even the the hard drive is only worth $10!

Leave a comment:

• Martin McCaffery
    replied
    I wonder if Deluxe's lawyers will get to them first.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    I have a belief that "sooner or later everything shows up on e-bay". I spotted this item this
    morning. I wonder if some Bozo will buy it, not realizing it's useless without a key.
    EBayDCP.png

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    buddha.jpg
    What came first, the CAPTCHA or the wheel?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    image.png
    ...or, will we make it to the hospital before it goes up like the Hindenburg?

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    2788771.jpg
    Can any of you folks do it without having to consult google for a list of songs?

I can't.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    The 70's were so much fun!
    TheHummer.jpg

(Ad from an Oct 1975 issue of BOXOFFICE magazine.)

Reading 'between the lines' of the ad, I believe this thing did nothing more
    than put a 60hz hum into your system, which you probably could have easily
    done by disconnecting you're amps input ground. The ad sez that the hum
    "will cause damaged speakers to rattle & be distorted". Also, a disclaimer
    at the bottom of the ad advises "Not recommended for amplifier with transistor
    output stages
    "

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    It looks like the lid is closed, but even so, point taken.

Inspired by Frank's "unforeseen circumcisions" (a nasty accident involving a stand mixer?), there was a classic Freudian slip on the talk radio station I often listen to driving to and from service calls the other day. On the 22 freeway in Orange County there is an exit to Chapman Avenue. Traffic report: "...and on the 22 westbound, an accident involving a semi and an Amazon van has the off-ramp at Crapman totally closed..."

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    We have an upright vacuum cleaner with a removable dust container. It takes one trip around the living room before it needs to be emptied. Then, it needs to be emptied after sweeping the hall, the stairs and each of the upstairs rooms. There's enough fur to make a whole new cat!

Can you just imagine what the action of a grand piano would look like after a cat has been sleeping inside?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    We nickname this gal the Roomba wrecker, for exactly the reason you note. While she's shedding, the Roomba will last about 6-7 minutes in our bedroom before the shaft of the main brush roller clogs up with kitty fur to the point of stopping and throwing a hissy fit consisting of bleeps and multiple error codes. I then have to strip the thing down (as in, every rotating part has to be removed from the chassis and the cat hair manually removed from its shaft), before it is usable again.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    A long haired cat sleeping on a piano?! We have two short haired cats that are pretty light shedders but, when we run the vacuum, we still clean up enough cat hair to knit a whole, new cat!

Can you just imagine what the inside of that Bosie would look like with a long haired cat sleeping on it and, occasionally, crawling inside. Cats love those kinds of places to hide out.

And the guy was worried about BASS??

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    With those instruments, one could play Vaughan Williams' Concerto for Two Pianos in your living room! Wait ... you'd have to fit the orchestra in there, somewhere.

The cat on the baby grand looks like a dead ringer for one of ours:

image.png

However, she can't stand even the slightest noise, and can only really relax in a room with almost complete silence. So the chances of her sitting on top of a piano are about as high as those of Taylor Swift selling her private jet and flying Southwest.
    Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 02-26-2024, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver Green
    replied
    image.png
    This is definitely ​the better more realistic version of this comic

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    I was thinking the same. Having a concert grand likely doubles the value of your house! In his case, triple!

Gosh! I hope that he's a professional, concert pianist or something. At least, he'd better play the piano a lot!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X