Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Here's a stark example of UK/US cultural differences. Our little one's school had a book/toy fair fundraiser yesterday evening...

poof_balls.jpg

In British slang, "poof" is a highly uncomplimentary term for a male homosexual!

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    lemo-23-august.jpg1234567890

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    co230813.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    I've noticed over the years that pretty much any media coverage of hydrogen energy production has to include a gratuitous mention of the Hindenburg. This one goes one better, filling half the page with a photo:

hindenburg.png

The ironic thing is that the Hindenburg (and other hydrogen-inflated rigid airships) didn't even use hydrogen in the way that the article is about - burning it, to release energy (when that did happen, it was unintentional) - but rather, to provide aerostatic lift. But it seems that as a readily available cliche to reach for, this one never gets old.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    DNA_Droid.jpg
    r2d2 2u2!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    I was recently asked to look over the booth of a theater that closed during the pandemic and hasn't reopened since, and report on what needs to be done to get the place back open. Found in a tool and hardware cabinet:

stress_relief.jpg

It can't have been a very happy workplace!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Just when you thought things couldn't go any lower...

our_subs_dont_implode.webp

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    Now, the humor in this topic has... euhm... sunk to rock bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Bandiera Jr
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank Cox View Post
    The full Titanic experience....
    I wonder if they had a sinking feeling before the trip....

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    The full Titanic experience....

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    Meanwhile...

animal-dont-know-shit-about-missing-submarine.png

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    I wondered how long it would be before we'd start to see this sort of thing...

ohio_river.png
    titanic_sub_joke.png

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied
    CarSafety2.jpg

☞ (Thanks to fellow FilmTech-er & friend Terry Wade for originally sending this to me)

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    • Please enter a message with at least 10 characters
    3LJ6DFAMFJCAVAGQ7CWUM4WB4Y.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied

Screenshot at 2023-04-28 22-39-44.pnghttps://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/oddly-shaped-iceberg-nl-1.6825578

Iceberg lovers go wild over viral photos of the 'dickie berg' off Newfoundland's coast

Photographer Ken Pretty — from the town of Dildo — captured aerial photos Thursday

​A man from Dildo, N.L. has captured the attention of iceberg lovers after photographing an oddly-shaped hunk — now popularly known as the "dickie berg" on social media — off the coast of Newfoundland.

"I'm gettin' a lot of response, a lot of reaction to the photo because of its resemblance to ... part of the male anatomy, say," chuckled drone photographer Ken Pretty.

In an interview Friday, Pretty said he noticed from his very first photograph that the iceberg, in an area of the province known as Conception Bay, had online potential.

The berg got its nickname from the term "dickie bird," a Newfoundland euphemism for the male anatomy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X