No announcement yet.

Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a stark example of UK/US cultural differences. Our little one's school had a book/toy fair fundraiser yesterday evening...

poof_balls.jpg

In British slang, "poof" is a highly uncomplimentary term for a male homosexual!

Comment

• Seen while running cables through a ceiling void (into which a projector enclosure is built) at a site:

deceased_HDDs.jpg

I know that the Dia de los Muertos is only a month away, but I didn't know that hard drives have anything to do with it!

Comment

• I wonder if anyone at Dolby ever knew about this???
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I'm still holding out for the Atleas!

Comment

• image.png

Source.

Comment

• image.png

"Wreckless" ?! Looks rather like a wreck to me...

Welton-Checkpoint-Crash-1-640x480.jpg

Source.

Comment

• Wreckless
                Sub-editors are a dying breed.

Comment

• Wreckless? You mean wreckFUL driving. Don't you?

Comment

• I handle a lot of different films from a lot of different sources, and like many of you who
                    do the same, I have received films in a lot of different packages, including burlap sacks
                    and a 12 reel double feature packed into a footlocker. So I wasn't all that surprised when
                    I received a film last week in a U-Haul moving box:

FilmBox.jpg

Well, this is a new one- - - a perfectly good, practically new ICC shipping case that was
                    shrink wrapped and then shipped INSIDE of a well padded box. Seems like a bit of overkill to me.

CanInBox.jpg

I've met some "new" projection-people who don't know how to properly tape down
                    reel-ends, or who don't know what 'reel-bands' are, or how to use them. . but I've
                    never met one who didn't understand the concept of a SHIPPING case. . . .

(so, should I ship it back to them in this box, or just use the ICC case as God intended?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 11-20-2023, 12:31 PM. Reason: I Spelled "ICC" Wrong! d'oh!

Comment

• Heh. I recently got a hard drive in a pelican shipping case inside a box with a similar amount of padding as yours.
                      Send it back the way you got it. If it is a print from a private collector they can be very protective of their babies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post
                        Heh. I recently got a hard drive in a pelican shipping
                        case inside a box with a similar amount of padding as yours..
                        Lol- there was actually another whole layer of foam bricks I removed to take the photo.

Originally posted by Martin McCaffery View Post
                        . . Send it back the way you got it. .

That's my usual policy, except when a box arrives so beat up that it wouldn't
                        be wise to ship it back in the same one.

Comment

• A friend sent me this photo-
                          FudgeSign.jpg
                          I looked online and this place actually exists! It's one of those tourist trap rest stop type of
                          places along old US Route 66 in rural Missouri. Their equally amusing and cringe-worthy
                          slogan is: "What happens in Uranus, stays in Uranus"

Comment

• Is there another extra-full moon this week? Or has the earth shifted on its' axis?
                            I seem to have encountered several unusual oddities in the booth this week:

> NETFLIX, the company that recently announced they will no longer
                            ship out blu-ray & dvd disks, has started sending me stuff on 35mm.

NetFlixCan.jpg
                            (not that that's a bad thing . . )

When did this happen? Does this mean that future 35mm prints
                            from MGM will arrive in one of those Amazon delivery vans?

MGM_Amazon.jpg

This year's DCP of ELF arrived from WB with a 3½ min tribute 'clip reel' before the
                            feature commemorating WB's 100th anniversary. But in THE VERY FIRST CLIP, we see
                            Judy Garland, superimposed over the famous trademark water tower on the WB
                            studio lot, reciting the line "there's no place like home" from The Wizard Of Oz.
                            - - but wait a minute. . . W-O-Z was an MGM picture. WTF does that have to do with WB?

WB_Judy.jpg

It's little things like this that keep me awake some nights. . . ,.
                            Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 12-22-2023, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday was Winter Solstice... Shortest day of the year. I wonder how that would have affected different things???

Comment

• carpet-museum-10-v2.jpg
                                The Azerbaijan National Carpet Museum​
                                What a nifty looking building.

Comment

Working...
                                X