3bc6a4a07003013a9863005056a9545d.gif

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cassedy
    replied

WipeMe.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    Wait, what? They didn't allow for AliExpress-powered after-market alterations?

If it was for O'Leary, he'll make you pay for the privilege of being able to sit down on a plane...

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    They don't offer the option of putting a credit card reader on the door to the restroom, so he isn't interested.

Leave a comment:

• Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    He must be negotiating with Comac then.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Ryanair recently announced that talks with Boeing to place a large order for 737 Maxes had broken down, because they couldn't agree on price. Michael O'Leary is now negotiating with another airplane manufacturer:

HP42.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    I use that phrase all the time!

Any time you find a locked door or a gate when you don’t have a the key but you know where it is.

If you try to get into your car but you left the keys inside…

”Somebody’s gotta’ go back and get a shitload of dimes!”

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gulbrandsen
    replied
    Nothing need be said here...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Van Dalton
    replied
    Echostar Satellite Communications uplink/teleport campus, Cheyenne, WY. (41.13296N -104.73629W/WGS84)

If you receive television or Muzak through Dish Network DVB-S, this is where your signal originates. Basically it's like a roided-out cable headend.

echo.jpg

North is up. The massive rectangular dish at the top is a multi-LNB downlink. This is where all the cable networks (HBO, Weather, Nickelodeon, etc.) are received from their various C- and Ku-band satellites. The large round dishes are the uplinks that send their main national services to Echostar's fleet. The arrays of smaller dishes south of them, above the "Echostar" marker are (so I'm told) uplinks for their local and regional spot-beam services (local TV channels). The clusters of small 3- and 6-foot dishes around the base of the large uplink antennae are mostly downlinks for quality-of-service monitoring within the headend; most of the locals are sent to Echostar via fibre but a few are also received via C-band off these clusters. Supposedly one of the medium dishes (not sure which) in the southwest array is where the Muzak and Sirius audio simulcasts are uplinked to Echostar 7 (119 W).

Alternate view. North is right.

echo2.jpg

Down I-25 a ways, outside Fort Collins, CO are the shortwave/longwave time standard stations WWV and WWVB.

Leave a comment:

• Van Dalton
    replied
    Deleted...

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gulbrandsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap View Post
    buggered_plane.jpg
    "Stop! Wait! That's an unprotected left!"

Either that, or this could be an ad for the braking performance of Toyota trucks.

That actually happened at Burbank Airport in the late 70's. Look at those gas prices..... Holy Cow!

Burbank.jpg
    Last edited by Mark Gulbrandsen; 03-07-2022, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    The "kick the bucket" gag has to be one of my two favorite movie jokes of all time!

That and "I'm a locksmith... and I'm a locksmith."

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gulbrandsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy Stankey View Post

They must be mad! Mad, mad, mad, I say!

I blame that on Ethel Merman!

Leave a comment:

• Randy Stankey
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen View Post
    It's buried under the big doubleyou I tell ya.... a big doubleyou... 50 G's... Now go get it...! (Kicks bucket)

@ Stadium 8, St George, UT
    They must be mad! Mad, mad, mad, I say!

Leave a comment:

• Frank Cox
    replied
    shoe_daily030522.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X