Birds of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds of Prey

As I've stated here before, Joker was one of my favourite movies from last year, so I had high hopes that Birds of Prey would be just as good since it's sorta-kinda a sequel. Or at least it makes numerous references to the Joker even though we don't actually see him in this movie.

It would be difficult to say that I'm disappointed since I did enjoy Birds of Prey, but it's hugely different (pretty much a polar opposite) in tone and style from the Joker movie.

While Joker is a comic book character, it wasn't really a comic book style of movie. Birds of Prey, on the other hand, is. It's silly and over-the-top, all of the characters are comic book caricatures and while there's no shortage of violence (with a rock and roll soundtrack, of course) there's very little blood. The colours and costumes are very bright and the backgrounds are really interesting. And while some of the movie will make you cringe, other parts are just laugh-out-loud funny.

Overall, this is a pretty good movie and quite a bit of fun. Unlike Joker, it's exactly what you would expect from a comic book. They could have toned the language down a bit, though. Non-stop cursing and swearing really does get a bit tiresome to listen to after a while.

Birds of Prey is definitely worth seeing.
Working...
X