Monster Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Hunter

It's nice to have a new movie to show for a change.I usually close on Christmas eve and Christmas day and use those two days to paint the auditorium floor, but this year the floor is still in pretty good shape so I'm not going to bother to re-paint it this time. One advantage of having few people coming to movies, I guess -- less wear on the floor.

Nobody usually comes to the show on Christmas anyway, but I'm going to play Monster Hunter on Christmas day this year. No private Christmas gatherings are allowed, so maybe some folks will come to the show. Gives people an opportunity to do something, anyway.

So.. Monster Hunter. The title tells you everything you need to know about the movies. There are monsters and the heroine has to kill them before they kill her using a multltude of different weapons and various amounts of help from other people who show up from time to time. That's really all there is to it, from start to finish.

The movie looks neat, there's wall-to-wall action, it's certainly LOUD, and that's about it. There isn't any story there, or if there is it's so subtle that I missed it. I guess it's made for video game fans. It's a high concept movie, where the concept is so high it's pretty much right out of sight. It also doesn't really have an ending or any kind of a resolution. The action just comes to a stop and the credits start to roll.

I guess I'm not the target audience for this kind of movie. It looks cool, though, and nobody's going to fall asleep watching it.

Hello Frank,

When the kids were younger, it was a great relief to send them off to the local movie theatre after the novelty and noise of the toys wore out.
    A little peace and quiet after all of the excitement of opening the presents and a big family meal for the price of admission and popcorn.

These days just getting out of the house is a treat..

Comment

Working...
    X