Honest Thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Thief

I view Liam Neeson as the same sort of an actor (in a different genre) as Adam Sandler. They play only one character; after changing the backgrounds and moving the bad guys around a bit, it's a new movie.

Having said that, if you like Liam Neeson's stuff (which I do) then you'll like this one. After playing Tenet here for a week (for almost no audience) it's nice to get a straight-forward movie with a story that everyone can understand.

The idea of this movie is that a bank robber falls in love and repents of his past deeds so he tries to turn himself in and a couple of corrupt law enforcement officers interfere with his plan.

No one will mistake this movie for a classic of movie making, but it's an entertaining hour and a half and it's worth seeing. I hope folks here will like it better than Tenet; the reaction from the few who came to see that one is universally negative. One of my customers who's here for almost every movie (either with his buddies or his grandchildren depending on the movie) said, "This is only the second time that I've ever come to a movie here and regretted it." Now this is something he'll like.

Some movies I hate to see go, because I enjoy looking at certain scenes or just listening to them from the lobby. Tenet was one movie I couldn't WAIT to get it out of here. Not only because it was annoying to hear, but I would say about 90% of people walked out with that "WTF was that?" look on their face.

I didn't realize Liam Neeson was in Honest Thief. Might have to think about it for next month.

Comment

We're playing this now and it's doing fairly well, for today's environment. Some folks might be showing up to get their minds off of the election celebration or debacle, depending on their politics.

The movie itself is pretty good, kind of a typical Liam Neeson vehicle but it's no "Taken." That said, it has some interesting twists and turns and some cool chase scenes, and a story you can follow. An entertaining watch. Although it made the FBI guys look like a bunch of goofballs and/or crooks but who knows, there are bad apples in every barrel I guess.

I thought it was kind of interesting that both this movie and "Unhinged" from a few weeks ago feature a fight scene where a female character stabs a guy with scissors. This movie has the PG-13 version (scissors in the leg) where Unhinged had the more R-rated scissors in the eye. But if your girlfriend picks up a pair of scissors, watch out!

People are giving it the thumbs up too, so that's an extra point in its favor.

3 stars out of 5 from me.
      Last edited by Mike Blakesley; 11-07-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X