Priscilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priscilla

Watched this new 'Priscilla' movie this past Tuesday 11/14 Cinelux Scotts Valley Cinema #5 at $5 Tuesday's. We enjoyed the old cars and costumes but the film was filmed way to dark in many places like all the bedroom scenes. Good thing I didn't see this dark movie at a drive-In.

Not much of Elvis signing just all about a young Priscilla and her meeting Elvis. Allot of pill popping and very slow at times.

The 1.85 flat movie did not have much as far as surround sound.

The Cinelux Scotts Valley Cinema near Santa Cruz CA has a nice two sided lighted marquee. They didn't even have 'Priscilla' listed just the same three movies on each side. Killers ,Marvels and 5 Nights Freddy's. The cinema has 10 auditoriums so they can't list all movies playing with just 3 space lines on each side but at least they could list 3 different ones on each side so all the cars going by daily can see different movies playing on each side. What was so bad the whole marquee was in the dark when we got out at 6PM no lights on at all.

I enjoyed the 'Elvis' movie a few years much better.
    Last edited by Terry Monohan; 11-16-2023, 02:35 PM.

I quite enjoyed Priscilla. It's pretty quiet and low-key for a rock-n-roll biography which is pretty much what I thought it would be, but I'm not sure what the people who come to see it here will be expecting.

In terms of style and technique the movie looks like something that was made in the 1970's. There aren't any car crashes and huge explosions; the whole thing consists mostly of people talking and occasionally driving from one place to another.

I decided to play this because, based on the turnout for the Elvis movie there are a lot of Elvis fans around here. So on the one hand here's a behind-the-scenes look at Elvis but on the other hand he comes off as kind of a dick.

Here's Priscilla's side of the story.

I liked it fine but anyone who expects to see a rattle-the-rafters rock-and-roller will probably be disappointed. No rafters were harmed during the making of this movie...

Comment

People haven't exactly been breaking down the doors to see this flick here. It drew a decent crowd
      the first week - - but, it's looking like this is going to be a another `"one week wonder"
      - - and yes, when I walked into one of the auditoriums on one of the first nights it was playing, I too
      thought it looked a bit dark, although the scene on screen at that moment was shot with low-key
      lighting. But I still thought it looked a bit darker than it should,- - so much so, that I went up to the
      booth to make sure one, or maybe even two of the projector lamps had burned out, or had failed
      to ignite. (The Sony in that auditorium uses 6 bulbs) But they were all OK- - so there wasn't much
      else for me to do. I've also found the dialogue to be a bit too soft & 'muddy' in a couple of the
      scenes that I've seen. (or heard, I guess) Priscilla was one of those flicks that just watching the
      trailer convinced me that it was a movie I didn't want to see. (but that's just "me")
      Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 11-17-2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X