Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurassic World Dominion (2022) Review & Questions

Cinemark Willowbrook Mall - Wayne NJ

This is still my favorite theatre in Northern NJ. Very good presentation even in the small auditoriums. This also was the first movie that I have seen in a theatre were I thought that the Dolby Atmos sound was a significant improvement over old 5.1/7.1 sound.

I actually have two questions:
    1. The character Maisie Lockwood's grandfather was American. Both her parents were American. The people who raised her were American. How come this 14 year old character had a British Accent?
    2. The head evil guy, Dodgson was clearly the same character as Dodgson, the corrupt computer programmer from the first Jurassic Park movie, just 29 years older. He even still had the shaving cream can that he attempted to smuggle the dino embryos out back in 1993. My problem is that he was killed and eaten in the original Jurassic Park movie. Although we do not get to see him actually being eaten (just blood), the shaving cream can is last seen rolling down a hill and being covered by mud.
    • While I can think of reason around these continuity flaw, they would just be my imagination. Was there actually anything in the prior four Jurassic movies that actually explains this?

In spite of this, and in spite of me not liking the first two Jurassic World movies, I actually rather liked this one. I was advised before seeing to expect an action movie with dinosaurs, not a Jurassic Park movie. With that perspective, it did not disappoint, although this was more of Jurassic Park movie than the first two Jurassic World movies.

1. Maisie Lockwood's grandfather was Sir Benjamin Lockwood. Maisie was raised by an English housekeeper in a big fancy mansion, which presumably led to her accent. She only had one parent, her mother, who created Maisie as a clone of herself.
    2. Nedry was the corrupt computer programmer in Jurassic Park, not Dodgson. Dodgson was the guy who gave Nedry the shaving cream can. The can shown in Jurassic World: Dominion was either a duplicate (a prototype or a backup) or was retrieved later. It was there to (try to) help audiences figured out who he was, because they replaced the original actor, who served time in prison for child sexual assault.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Geoff Jones; 07-04-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Boy, the contrast between the audience reactions to the Top Gun Maverick movie and this one was pretty striking. After Top Gun, they came out smiling, saying how good the movie was, "I want to see that again!" and "Best movie I've ever seen" (from adults!) and so on. With this movie they all walked out sort of just like they were walking down the street, saying good-night and all, but hardly any comments about the movie -- except from kids, they loved it, unless they were scared out of it (which some were). It was such a noise-fest that I was counting down the days until we could get rid of it.

By that yardstick... worst Jurassic movie ever, but we never got around to actually watching it.

Comment

Working...
      X