Spiral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiral

When a movie is set in the Saw universe, you know there's blood by the truckload. And Spiral certainly brings the blood and gore.

The story is really pretty darn good and the big reveal of the bad guy at the end is quite a shock. The filmmakers do play fair with the viewer in this regard, though -- all of the clues are right there in the movie if you can put them together.

The look of the movie is very similar to Kiss the Girls and Seven. Everything, including the characters, is dark, dingy and run-down. Most of the movie takes place in the shadows and there's no shortage of creepy stuff going on in the dark.

For my own personal taste, I think they would have had a better movie if they turned down the butcher shop aspect. But again, I guess it's Saw so that's what's expected.

Ultimately, this is a better movie than I though it would be. It's the kind of story that I usually enjoy quite a bit and it's pretty good in that aspect. But the blood and gore is overdone and that detracts from it. So a movie that could have been pretty darn good becomes just sort of ok but not something that you'll want to take a date to.

It's exactly what I expected out of a SAW movie. Agreed it was well done within those limitations Rock did a fair job acting wise as well. Sam Jackson was Sam Jackson, and he didn't seem to put anything else into his role.

Comment

Working...
    X