• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest Gump (1994)

Forrest Gump (35mm)
    UK print DCD0024
    8 reels
    Scope

The cans say DTS/SRD/SR. With the exception of reel 7, the cans are lying to you. The headers and footers of reels 1-6 and 8 have SRD, but the feature itself is DTS/analogue only. This print arrived very late so we didn't have chance to pre-screen it to see if the DTS-only reels were actually SR or not (played the film in DTS -- thanks Brad!) but reading the old forums suggests they might be A-type. I've burnt discs (again -- the ones from the last time we had it had gone missing) and returned them with the print so hopefully they'll stay with it this time, as it's well worth playing in DTS.

Other than that, the print is in pretty good nick, though it's on Agfa polyester stock and only has 4-6 frames remaining after the final cues on each reel.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the SRD on reel 7 plays fine!

In the US, Forrest Gump was duel inventory.

SRD/DTS/SR
    or
    DTS/A

I think it's safe to say your analog track on reels1-6 is A and it is SR on reel 7.

Sorry to hear your print was on that awful GAGfa polyester stock. I"m sure it is turning a lovely shade of purple. (US prints were on Kodak acetate. )

Comment

Was supposedly printed on Eastman EXR 5386.ONlt three titles were ever printed on this film.

https://shotonwhat.com/film-print-st...print-53867386

Comment

Working...
      X