Alternative Content thru DVI-A on Cinema Controller Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Content thru DVI-A on Cinema Controller Card

In our Screen 2 projection rack, we have (had) a video scaler / switcher with dual mirrored HDMI outputs. We had one HDMI cable going from one output directly to HDMI input on our GDC IMB. The other HDMI output went to a wall mounted video monitor that we use to view the contents of the Bluray player in the projection rack. Sometime last fall we had an "electrical anomaly" that took out our Scaler / Switcher, the HDMI input on the GDC-Sx2000AR IMB, and only the HDMI input of the video monitor. The scaler / switcher was fried. The remainder of the IMB is perfectly fine and we can still run "real movies" perfectly fine. The other inputs on the video monitor work fine. Basically anything connected to the outputs of the scaler / switcher HDMI outputs got affected.

With all of this virus thing happening, it looks like summer 2020 will be the year of "Retro Programming". I found that the pre-programmed Macro #6 (labeled EVENT) on our Barco DP2K-23B activiates the DVI-A input on the cinema controller card (I think that's the proper name for it). I can plug a DVI cable from our new Kramer Scaler / Switcher to the DVI-A input and get a picture on the screen... however it's really tiny. I know the DVI port will not pass thru sound like the HDMI did, but I can run TOS link to the rear of the JSD-60 processor for that.

Do I need to just create new lens files and screen files for that macro to get the correct picture size or is there more to this than I'm thinking?

I totally posted this in the wrong forum.

Comment

The answer to your question is... Yes. Create new screen files and lens files. You can try using the screen and lens files from your previous alt content macro.

Comment

Thank you Sean!

Comment

Working...
        X